If you are energetic and have an aptitude to develop and package multimedia content for publication and streaming on the Commission’s online (website) and social media platforms and are interested in joining our team, then the Competition Commission invites you to apply for these challenging positions.
(A starting annual total cost to company package of R853 456.07, negotiable)
Five-year fixed term contract
Skills and Experience
We are looking for a dynamic, hardworking and committed individual who meets the following requirements:
- Degree or 3 year diploma in Graphic Design, Multimedia Studies, Journalism or equivalent qualification
- Training relevant to graphic design, multimedia, journalism and corporate communications
- A minimum of 5 years work experience of which 2 must have been in the role of graphic design/multimedia/journalism/corporate communications
- Proven experience in image and video editing software and website content management systems to publish content online
- Proven experience in working with the media and influencing key stakeholders
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to interpret and apply government policies
- Professional editing of documents
- Understands the purpose and operations of the Competition Commission
- Creative thinker
- Social media influencer
- Graphic design skills
- Multimedia production skills
- Writing for the media skills
- Good verbal & written communication skills
The main responsibilities of the incumbent will, inter alia, include:
- Develop and package digital content in line with the Commission’s digital communications framework and best practices
- Develop and execute creative multimedia publicity campaigns Produce multimedia content for the Commission’s events
- Ensure development and maintenance the Commission’s Corporate Identity Manual
- Arrange, record, edit and produce record of all online webinars and seminars for publication and streaming on the Commission’s online, social and digital media platforms
Personality and Attributes
Over and above well-developed technical skills in your specialisation areas, the incumbent must demonstrate, inter alia:
- Must demonstrate fit with the Commission’s Values (Communication, Ownership, Making a difference, Professionalism, Employee Welfare, Teamwork, Efficiency.
- Be a Visionary. A strategic thinker.
- Have strong interpersonal skills.
- Have transformational leadership skills.
- Change management skills.
- A competitive salary.
- A conducive, supportive, stimulating working environment.
- Exposure to excellent training opportunities.
- An opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the attainment of the Competition Commission’s vision 2030 of a Growing and inclusive Economy that serves all South Africans.
Over and above operational requirements, our appointment will take into account the country’s and organisational Employment Equity imperatives.
- All international qualifications must be accompanied by a SAQA accreditation certificate.
- Shortlisted candidates may be required to undergo psychometric assessments.
- The successful candidate will be vetted for security purposes.
- The Competition Commission reserves the right not to fill this position.
If you meet all the criteria above and are looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference to our economy, then look no further than the Competition Commission! We look forward to receiving your comprehensive CV.