Founded in 1896 and set in the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands, Michaelhouse is a leading Anglican
Independent senior Boarding School for boys from Grade 8 to Grade 12
We seek an innovative, creative, dynamic professional with a thorough knowledge of, and passion for the
teaching and learning of Music. The post will require an energetic individual with drive and determination to begin in Q2, 01 April 2022.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION ARE:
• An appropriate degree (BMus minimum)
• A professional teaching qualification
• A current SACE registration
• Proven successful teaching experience of more than 5 years in Grades 8 – 12, preferably in the IEB
curriculum, but this is not essential
• Excellent organisational skills
• Experience in working with school orchestras is essential
• Knowledge of music technology would advantageous
• Individual instrumental/ vocal teaching will be required
• Instrumental proficiency is essential
• Willingness to assist with school events and music department productions
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Teaching a range of Music classes
• Involvement in a variety of co-curricular and pastoral duties within the school.
• Housing will be provided on or near the Michaelhouse estate in order to facilitate full involvement in
the school programme.
Only suitably qualified candidates will be considered. An application will not in itself entitle the
applicant to an interview. Michaelhouse reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Apply by completing the online application form at:
In addition to completing the online form, please email your handwritten
motivation letter AND CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 22 November 2021