To offer unemployed individuals exposure to Food preparation and presentation of exceptional culinary products according to Sun Internationals operational excellence standards, procedural compliance and customer experience expectations
Matric / Grade 12
6 months experience in a culinary operation recommended
Skills and Knowledge
- Food Preparation
- Conduct checks and preparations for service in line with SOP
- Identify issues with regards to own work station appearance and functioning of equipment
- Check cleanliness of own section or work station
- Participate in stock takes
- Interact with guests and provide professional service standards
- Dealing with customers.
Key Performance Areas:
- Support chefs in the daily operation and preparation of food / menu items according to recipe guidelines and preparation techniques including preparation of vegetables, sauces, salads, cold starters, and hot dishes.
- Successful completion of Learnership in National Certificate in Professional Cookery requirements.
- Willing to commit to and undergo a 12 month Learnership inclusive of theoretical and practical components.
- Attention to detail / quality orientation.
- Ability to communicate with others.
- Ability to work shifts.
- Physically able to move operating equipment.
- Mobility and ability to move around as per requirements (ability to stand while working for long periods of time).
- Produce an original certified copy of ID and Matric certificate upon request.
- Candidates must commit to 1 year of studies and work in the operational kitchens of Sun Time Square to gain practical experience.
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, SISA internal recruitment policy as well as units employment equity plans.