- Information technology
- Head Office, JHB
- Network Manager
- A vacancy exists for a Network Manager, based at Life Healthcare Head Office in Rosebank, reporting to the Head of Service Delivery.
The Network Manager’s role is to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of computer and network systems to ensure the stable operation of Life Healthcare’s IT assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links. The Network Manager will also schedule and direct the activities of a team of network specialists to resolve end user hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Critical Outputs
- Strategy & Planning
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain that network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Develop and deploy methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports.
- Establish best practices and policies for installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities.
- Approve and administer user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Direct and administrate a contingent of network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science and/or 10 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in CCNA, CCNE.
- 8+ years experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- Demonstrable experience of leading enterprise-wide networking modernization.
- Exceptional technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Cisco, Fortinet, Meraki, Microsoft Azure.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, and so on.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including TOGAF.
- Experience with programming languages such as .NET.
- Extensive application support experience with SAP, MS365.
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles.
- Experience installing network cabling and patching telephony systems.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and so on.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Closing date
- Monday, May 31, 2021
Candidate must be willing to gain a thorough knowledge of Compensation & Benefits in general as well as a good understanding of the Life Healthcare retirement funds. Customer focus and sound judgement skills are critical. Good organisational skills are essential.
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.