Officer – Entrepreneurship Development
|Location:||Cape Town, Bellville|
- Research the interest of entrepreneurship amongst college students by means of surveys, questionnaires, etc.
- Encourage an environment of innovative thinking and commercialization of innovative ideas amongst students who are in their final trimester/semester of studies- working closely with the college marketing unit and work integrated learning unit.
- Design and implement marketing material to promote Entrepreneurship.
- Plan, coordinate, organize and spearhead efforts to recruit graduating students to become entrepreneurs/ develop their entrepreneurial thinking.
- Promote entrepreneurship at registration periods as possible career pathways to students who show an interest in becoming entrepreneurs after completing their studies.
- Work in partnership with Education and Training unit by introducing/suggesting the offering of entrepreneurial training programmes.
- Promote the concept of market days/entrepreneurial days amongst students by liaising with Campus Managers, Head of Department and Programme Managers.
- Relevant qualification Degree/Diploma in Business Management / Business Administration I Entrepreneurship / New Venture Creation.
- In-depth knowledge of SMME and Incubator Industry.
- Minimum of two three years’ experience in managing Enterprise Development programmes
- One year experience in working with students in Education. (Recommendation)
- Bilingual. (English plus Afrikaans or isiXhosa.)
- Computer Literate. (MS Office: Excel and Word)
- Valid Drivers License.
- Promote business incubator/start-up programmes.
- Investigate and Research the model of a Centre of Entrepreneurship and Rapid Incubator. (CfERl)
- Develop a proposal and project plan on the implementation of the CfERl.
Applications: Applicants must submit their CV, originally certified copies (not older than 3 months) of all qualifications, Academic Transcripts’ Statement of results, Identity document, Valid Driver’s License (if applicable) and 2 recent contactable references. Please note that a passport or Drivers License will not be accepted in lieu of Identity Document. All applicants must submit a duly signed Z83 form to the Human Resource Department, e-mail: Nadia.Marcus@northIink.co.zaby no later than 02 August 2021 at 12hOO. Applicants will be subjected to a criminal background check as well as the verification of qualifications.
Please ensure that you clearly state the relevant post reference number on your application. Failure to attach the requested documents and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Enquiries: +27 21 970 9019
Northlink College is a designated employer in terms of the Employment Equity Act. Appointments will be made according to the Employ n Equity plan of the institution. No absolute barriers will be created against persons from the non-designated groups. The College reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you have not received a reply within sixty (60) days after the closing date, you can consider your application as unsuccessful.
Posted on 16 Jul 17:20
+27 21 970 9019