Job title: Operations Coordinator – WRHI – CDC
Type: Permanent ☐ Fixed Term ☐ Temporary ☒
Main purpose of the job:
To deliver a comprehensive approach to operational efficiency in a specified
geographical area by assisting the team with all operational functions,
systems, and processes.
Closing date: 21 September 2021
Submit detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advert reference number: KC006 – 2021
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants
from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments
Key performance areas
• Timeous planning and implementation of new strategies to ensure effective operational efficiency.
• Typing and drafting of documents, including letters, memo’s and reports when required.
• Perform general office duties when required including taking minute taking, printing, co-ordinating
• Co-ordinate branding of uniforms for staff, distribution of uniform and record keeping.
• Assisting with reception duties.
• Provide daily support and coordination of procurement and administration including but not limited to
travel, meetings, all IT related support, stationery and consumables, asset management and control.
• Integrate effectively with WRHI Operations Team as and when required.
• Ensure implementation and maintenance of all Standard Operating Procedures and Provide training and
up-to-date information to staff on new and existing policies, procedures and SOP’s when required.
• Provide support and co-ordination of HR related matters including but not limited to leave management,
timesheet management and so on.
• Ensure compliance with respect to donor and or provider’s requirements.
• Assist office manager with compiling monthly operations feedback reports and disseminate to relevant
internal and external stakeholders.
• Integrate operational feedback from quarterly reports into programme implementation plan and
subsequent progress reports.
• Participate actively in the generation of required donor reports and other Wits RHI reports if and when
• Participate in regular planning sessions with Office Manager/ Operations lead to ensure efficient and
effective operational support.
• Serves as point person for management of HR online and intranet, to ensure that all staff members within
your region and/or health programmes receive emails and can apply/submit leaves online/manually.
Support collation of manual forms.
• Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrate effective self-management.
• Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and
• Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback
• Take ownership for driving own career development by participating in ongoing training and
Required minimum education and training
• Relevant certificate or diploma in Business Administration.
• Computer literate in standard MS Office packages.
• Valid driver’s license.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
• Some exposure to project management/NGO environment would be useful.
• Experience working in a donor-funded organisation or NGO.
• Exceptional organization and administrative skills with working knowledge of MS Office.
• Own, reliable transport preferred.
• Able to maintain confidentiality, tact, and professionalism at all times.
• Able to exercise discretion, high levels of initiative ad independent decision-making.
• Must be assertive, confident, and adaptable.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Positive, energetic, team player.
• Ability to adapt to complex situations, ability to manage stress, self-starter, ability to deliver goals proactively, creative thinker, goal orientated.
• A thorough and accurat4 approach to work.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills.
Required minimum work experience
• 2 Years’ office administration experience in a medium to large sized organisation.
• Working knowledge of operations and financial systems and processes.
Demands of the job
• Able to work in a demanding environment and adapt to changes.
• Travelling (own transport) and overtime may be required from time to time.
• Must be contactable after hours for any unplanned emergencies or queries.
Communications and relationships
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels within
the organisation, as well as all external stakeholders.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, please send an email to email@example.com.
The subject heading of the email must read KC006 – 2021 and the job title of position applying for. Please
include the following documentation:
• A cover letter (maximum one page) that clearly states which vacancy you are applying for
• A detailed CV