We are looking for an individual to safely pack and stack substrate and final product, and to operate, forklift, battery cars, guillotines, and shredders.
Main Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Preparation of product involving substrate and final product.
- Safe operations of lifting equipment (Forklift, Power pallet truck, Reach truck, Battery cars and guillotine).
- Clearly mark the product and stock items for identification.
- Unpack final product for dispatch on receipt from Finishing Department.
- Pack and unpack cash in transit trucks (CIT).
- Ensure all working areas are clean and tidy at all times.
- To comply with all safety, health, environmental and risk requirements as communicated by the section head in handling all products.
- To perform other tasks as assigned within your ability.
Qualifications and experience:
- Grade 12
- Forklift Driver’s License,
- Guillotine and Operators Certificate (Desirable)
- 2-3 years’ experience within a warehousing environment and forklift driving
Knowledge and Skills:
- Packing and Stacking
- Forklift, Guillotine, Compactor and Vaculex operation
- Hazardous chemical handling training
SABN is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of SABN and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under represented designated groups. No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements. Please note that correspondence will be limited to shortlisted applicants only.
Should you not hear from us within 10 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. SABN reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised. Prospective applicants must be willing to undergo a series of assessments and security clearance process as prescribed by the National Key Point Act.