Founded in 1896 and set in the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands, Michaelhouse is a leading Anglican
Independent senior Boarding School for boys from Grade 8 to Grade 12
The Michaelhouse Learning Support Department’s focus is on providing supportive structures and guidance
to students who require assistance in meeting their academic potential. Our school’s philosophy is one of
holism, so learning support forms a vital part of the bigger pastoral support framework. We strive to equip our
students with independent learning strategies and coping techniques and to ensure that students have access
to appropriate support services and/or technology which facilitate the fulfilment of their learning potential.
Commencement date: Term 4 2021 or Term 1 2022.
AN OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE SCHOOL’S ACADEMIC TEAM HAS BECOME AVAILABLE
IN ORDER TO FULFIL THE FOLLOWING DUTIES:
• Provision of small group and individual learning support sessions tailored to the needs of the students
• IEB application documentation – collation of reports and documentation and submission of applications
for examination accommodations
• Exam and test accommodations logistics – practical implementation of requirements for all students
who require examination accommodations. Includes, but not limited to, the arrangement of separate
venues, readers, scribes and computers.
If you are an enthusiastic and adaptable educator with a passion for unlocking learners’ potential, we
welcome your application for this half-day (predominantly afternoons) post. Flexibility in working hours
will be a requirement.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION ARE:
• A professional teaching qualification with a postgraduate qualification in remedial and/or inclusive
• Experience in using technology as a tool for accommodating learning difficulties
• Suitable experience in learning support, particularly in the high school setting
• Knowledge of, and experience with the IEB examination accommodations policy and implementation
• A current SACE registration
• This is not a residential position and as accommodation is not provided onsite, this position would be
best suited to someone already resident within reasonable travelling distance of Michaelhouse
Only suitably qualified candidates will be considered. An application will not in itself entitle the
applicant to an interview. Michaelhouse reserves the right not to make an appointment.
To apply: Apply by completing the online application form at:
AND email a motivation letter and detailed CV to: email@example.com
Closing date: 12 July 2021
Michaelhouse is committed to transformation and in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan
preference shall be given, but not limited to, candidates from the designated groups.
Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Disclaimer: Michaelhouse is committed to ensuring confidentiality of
personal information. By applying for this position and submitting your personal details and CV, you acknowledge
acceptance of this disclaimer. Your information will be used for the sole purpose of recruitment of the listed vacancy
and any required statutory reporting. All reasonable measures will be taken to protect the information of applicants.