(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Gather and assist in processing data for payroll inputs (which includes leave forms, new appointments, transfers, terminations and, overtime);
- Ensure that valid deductions are loaded;
- Assist with payroll-related tax and financial year-end procedures as directed by the Payroll Supervisor;
- Handle payroll-related queries where appropriate (which includes SARS queries, leave and salary administration queries, etc);
- Generate and follow up on monthly and quarterly reports as required by line management or Payroll Supervisor;
- Assist with monthly balancing of salary reconciliations for Payroll Supervisor;
- Maintain employee files through efficient record keeping and filing;
- Advise staff on company policy and procedures where appropriate;
- General administrative support;
- Effect payments for deductions to relevant third parties; and
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual statutory returns.
Skills and competencies
(The abilities that the individual needs to perform this role effectively)
- Accurate and meticulous
- Customer-service oriented
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving ability
- Ability to work under pressure in an extremely deadline-driven environment.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- 2 years’ current experience in a payroll environment.
- Relevant experience in HR administration .
- Proficiency in relevant software packages and applications; Basic knowledge of statutory requirements, particularly PAYE, and UIF.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.