AVI LIMITED is home to many of South Africa’s leading and best-loved brands! Listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and centred on the FMCG market, AVI’s extensive brand portfolio includes more than 50 brands. Our brands span a range of categories including hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, out-of-home ranges, personal care products, cosmetics, footwear, accessories, and fashion apparel. We have a well-developed Shared Services structure spanning: International, IT, Finance, Logistics, Marketing, Procurement and Field Marketing, which allows us to take advantage of our scale. Our single-minded purpose is our brands’ growth and development.
An exciting opportunity exists for a PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR at AVI LIMITED in our Financial Shared Services (FSS) Division in Bryanston, Johannesburg. As the newest member of the team, you will be responsible for an entire business unit including all associated activities in order to deliver a value-adding, cost-effective and customer-focused payroll service to the business and fosters a culture of continuous improvement. Extensive SAP payroll experience could elevate your career in this dynamic and challenging shared service space.
Key Performance Areas:
- Timely capturing accurate information onto the SAP system
- Processing of payroll at best practice performance levels
- Timely and accurate response to internal and external customer queries.
- Reconciliations and audits.
- Timely and accurate employee payment processing.
- Accurate processing of employee entitlements and statutory deductions e.g. tax, pension, medical aid contributions.
- Assist with customer relations and management thereof
- Minimum of 3 years’ full cycle payroll experience
- 5 years weekly wages experience
- Experience working in a large complex payroll department
- Experience working in cross-functional teams, especially in an environment that includes extensive co-operation with human resources departments
- Completed Matric/Grade 12
- Relevant tertiary qualification ideal
Technical Competencies & Knowledge:
- Thorough knowledge of SAP Payroll System
- Exposure to an HR Administration system
- In-depth knowledge of all payroll related taxes (PAYE, SITE, and VAT) and legislation.
- Computer skills
- Business acumen
- Thinking Analytically
- Interpreting Data
- Building Relationships
- Meeting Deadlines
- Attention to Detail
- Minimising Risk
- Planning & Organising
- Maintaining Productivity