Sandton – Central Office
The Payroll Officer is responsible for the day to day accurate capturing and processing of payroll and benefits data for the multiple business units serviced by the SSC, in line with compliance standards, relevant regulations and time frames.
3-Year National Diploma in Payroll Administration Services
SAPA Professional Designation of Certified Payroll Practitioner
Minimum of 2 years experience in payroll
Skills and Knowledge
- Analytical skills
- Clerical administration
- Plan, prioritise, co-ordinate
- Attention to detail
- Working with information
- Reviewing / evaluating information and data
- Emotional resilience
- Working under pressure
Key Performance Areas:
. Process new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations
onto the payroll system
· Capture all staff changes on company benefits into IFS for salary run – including
Medical aid and provident fund changes
· Capture the monthly commission input via the Vacation club schedule for
· Compile schedule, and process payments for temporary employees, ensuring that
relevant information is distributed to HR
· Payout for remuneration, bonuses and third parties; including deductions
(garnishee, tax and third party payments).
· Forward Pay slips to employees timeously via info slips
· Calculate and pay final salary, and leave payouts to terminated employee
· Calculate and pay maternity leave salary as per company policy
· Administer, save and distribute the following reports to stakeholders, after the
-Leave Liability Journal Report
-Posting Summary Report
-Leave Liability Report
-Posting Details Report
· Submit UIF declarations to UIF at the end of the month.
· Complete all UIF forms for eligible staff members on Maternity leave; or ex staff
· Update IRP5 personal detail
· Complete the manual process for Maternity leave and calculations
· Complete the manual Payroll Temp process
· File relevant backup information for various payroll processes in individuals file as
· Meet the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for this function (eg: accurate
payroll, number of queries, completed reconciliations etc).
· Complete Medical aid recon: reconciling between billing schedule from the
medical aid administrator to actual deduction.
· Complete Provident fund recon, including reasons for % difference
· Complete Tax information Recon: to insure that on monthly basis that all personal
tax information and Tax number is loaded on IFS for IRP5s.
· Communicate and resolve any discrepancies with relevant benefits administrators
· Save schedules to shared folder
Delivered Client Service-
. Keep management updated with regards progress on payments and where
necessary escalate unresolved issues
· Respond to and resolve pay related queries with internal and external clients
· Develop and maintain sound working relationships with relevant departments
· Interact with clients and provide professional service standards and solutions
· Keep up to date with payroll and benefit trends and services
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, SISA internal recruitment policy as well as units employment equity plans.