Youth Action Health: Peer Educator-Sex Work Programme
Youth Action Health
Youth Action Health is a leading public health, youth-led NPO within South Africa that works to advance the sexual and reproductive health and rights of adolescents and youth through provision of HIV prevention services and to be known as a reputable, professional, caring organization which can make a significant contribution to the development of South Africa through empowerment of adolescents and youth”.
Youth Action Health seeks to appoint a Peer Educator- Sex Work Programme to be based in Capricorn District, Limpopo.
The Peer Educator will assist with implementation of the Sex Worker Programme. The Peer Educator will conduct community mobilisation and awareness campaigns in targeted hot spots for the Sex Worker Programme on a weekly basis through various modalities: awareness campaigns, dialogues, and other outreach activities in the community.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Assist with identification of hotspots and sex workers in the targeted areas.
- Raise awareness and conduct sensitization workshops with community stakeholders including sex workers.
- Conduct community dialogues and awareness campaigns.
- Assist the Outreach Coordinator with planning and coordination of outreach activities.
- Assist the Outreach Coordinator with the logistical arrangements for the monthly workshops, dialogues, campaigns.
- Demand creation for correct and consistent condom use.
- Distribution of HIV prevention, sexual health, GBV, and other educational materials and commodities.
- Refer sex workers for uptake of other services, e.g., Sexual and Reproductive Health services.
- Capture and submit weekly data and contribute to development of activity-based work plans, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Participate in project meetings
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A sex worker or previous sex worker experience.
- Experience in Sex Work programming will be an added advantage.
- 1-3 years’ experience in conducting events and hosting dialogues.
- Passionate about the health agenda and social and health issues affecting sex workers.
- Ability to work under pressure and strong interpersonal skills.
- Team player, flexible and willingness to undertake additional responsibilities.
- Must have great communication skills, self-motivated, empathetic and hard working.
- Valid South African ID or Work Permit for foreign nationals.
Travel:60-70% travel time
We strongly encourage applications from females and persons with disabilities. Youth Action Health reserves the right to make appointments.
NB: Please attach 2–3-page CV to Karabo Tladi at firstname.lastname@example.org Enq. 079 234 6357
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the Youth Action Health, refer to https://www.end-violence.org/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies