Young energetic junior Interior Designer needed as a Personal Assistant to Creative Director of interior design boutique agency, with a dotted line report to Managing Director.
The primary purpose of the job is to assist in the smooth running of the Interior Design department, and to personally assist Creative Director in the delivery of interior design projects to clients, working on high specification, unique residential projects/family homes. This is a remote role working alongside Creative Director on client site.
- Work with the Creative Director to develop designs and plans of actions for each project, providing administrative support as required
- Ensure that presentations (concept plans) are properly assembled for each client and budgets are complete (Excel), and submitted to Finance Manager
- Research and source high quality interiors products including bespoke items, fittings, soft furnishings, lighting, furniture, sanitary ware, pictures and accessories to designer’s brief, producing job cards (PowerPoint)
- Draw up Interior Design plans in CAD
- Take and produce minutes of client’s meetings
- Working with each Client to make suggestions and present additional ideas and solutions
- Monitor each contract and keep clients updated with information
- Site visits
- Place and confirm orders with suppliers. Oversee supplier production monitoring quality and co-ordinate delivery slots.
- Receive deliveries on site and assist in their placement and installation to plan
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with clients and understanding their needs
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- B Degree or National Diploma in Interior Design, Interior Architecture
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficient in CAD
- Understand how to read drawings and take measurements
- Computer literate (excel, word, email, AutoCad).
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good communicator, confident dealing with a wide range of clients
- Numerate with an attention to detail
- Proven ability to drive the design process from plan to close
- Able to deal firmly and fairly with contractors, consultants and clients
- An ability to deliver results and to see jobs through
- Drivers’ license and access to a car
- Successful previous experience as an Interior Designer