The President of the Republic of South Africa proclaimed, by Proclamation No 44 of
2010, the establishment of the Office of the Chief Justice (OCJ) as a National Department
on 23 August 2010 to support the Chief Justice as the Head of the Judiciary and the
Head of the Constitutional Court. The services of the following dynamic person/s are
required to capacitate the Office:
POST PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO DDG (2 POSTS)
CENTRE NATIONAL OFFICE: MIDRAND
SALARY R 257 508.00 per annum. The successful candidate will be
required to sign a performance agreement.
• Secretarial Diploma or equivalent qualification.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in rendering a support service to Senior
• Secretarial qualification on NQF Level 6 will serve as an added advantage.
• Knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation/ policies/ prescripts and
procedures governing the Public Service.
• Basic knowledge on financial administration.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Good communication.
• Planning and organising skills.
• Good telephone etiquette.
• Good people skills.
• High level of reliability.
• Be able to pay attention to detail and work within deadlines.
• Proven Computer Literacy, including MS Word & MS Excel.
• Ability to act with tact and discretion.
• Ability to do research and analyse documents and situations.
Good grooming and presentation.
• Self-management and motivation.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Provide a secretarial/ receptionist support service to the DDG.
• Render administrative support services.
• Provides support to DDG regarding meetings.
• Support the DDG with the administration of the DDG’s budget.
• Studies the relevant Public Service and departmental prescripts/ policies and other
documents and ensure that the application thereof is understood properly.
ENQUIRIES: Ms B Rakgotho/ Ms S Tshidino Tel No: (010) 493 2500/2533
APPLICATIONS: Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to: The
Director: Human Resources, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X10,
Marshalltown, 2107 or hand deliver applications to the Office of the Chief
Justice, Human Resource Management, 188, 14th Road, Noordwyk,
CLOSING DATE: 11 DECEMBER 2020
NOTE: In the filling of the advertised posts, the objectives of the Constitution
of South Africa, 1996 and the staffing policy of the Public Service
broadly will be taken into consideration. Applications must be submitted
on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department. A
completed and signed form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently
updated comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all
qualification(s), identity document and driver’s license. A SAQA
evaluation report must accompany foreign qualifications. Applications
that do not comply with the above- mentioned requirements will not
The Office of the Chief Justice is an equal opportunity employer. In the
filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195 (1)(i) of the
Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act 108 of 1996), the Employment
Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act
55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources policies of the Department
will be taken into consideration. The successful candidate/s will be
subjected to Pre-Vetting (Pre-Screening). Financial records will only be checked and considered for applicants applying for Finance relatedposts. Upon appointment applicants will be subjected to vetting with the purpose of determining their security competency.
All candidates selected for SMS posts must undergo a competency
assessment after the interview. If you do not hear from us within 3
months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has
been unsuccessful. The Department reserves the right not to fill these positions.