- Life East London Private Hospital
- A vacancy exists for a Pharmacist based at Life East London Private Hospital, reporting to Sazi Mkunqwana, Pharmacy Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the quality pharmaceutical services, financial objectives, legislative compliance and people management requirements are achieved to the required standards.
- Critical Outputs
- Effective medication safety management
- Report 100% of medication incidents and develop and implement remedial actions as appropriate.
- Report 100% of pharmacy alerts and develop and implement remedial action and complete a trends analysis quarterly.
Effective quality management systems
- Participate in the implementation and compliance to LHC Quality management systems.
- Ensure compliance with SAPC, DOH and LHC legal and professional standards.
- Participate in achieving required customer service levels in theatre and wards.
- Implement customer satisfaction and pharmacy quality initiatives.
Effective financial management
- Participate in achieving hospital budgeted financial measures relating to pharmacy.
Effective product management
- Participate in the active management of cost of sales of pharmaceuticals in line with revenue and budget.
- Build effective working relationships with doctors.
Effective asset management
- Participate in achieving stock targets.
- Achieve optimal system utilisation.
Effective people management
- Participate in Pharmacist Intern and Pharmacist Assistant programmes as appropriate.
- Pharm / Dip.Pharm / B.Sc Pharm
- Relevant clinical knowledge and experience to the critical outputs
- Current registration as a pharmacist with South African Pharmacy Council
- Understanding of pharmacy and related healthcare industry, legislation, regulation and challenges
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical legislation
- Pharmaceutical product knowledge
- Computer proficiency (MS office)
- Strong interest and/or prior experience in Clinical Pharmacy and Antimicrobial Stewardship would be advantageous
- Availability for standby duty (after hours on call) as well as weekend duties on a rotational basis, however flexitime working options available.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Motivating and developing people
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Action orientation
- Closing date
- Monday, January 18, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.