Responsible for the management of the Property. Ensure investment growth and maximum income of each Property through effective property management and asset control. Develops related budgets, monthly and ad-hoc reports, oversees leasing contracts, procures services, handles third party service contracts, and directs maintenance procedures. Ensures that all buildings, grounds, and equipment are well maintained and in optimal working condition. Develops and implements departmental and procurements policies and procedures and ensures that all operations are in accordance with established health and safety regulations. Ensures that services purchased are of acceptable quality at the least possible cost. Keeps Senior Management well informed of area activities and significant problems. Trains, directs, and appraises assigned personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for the effective operations management of Property and facilities.
a. Property Management
• Keep abreast of market activities in respect of tenant movement, new developments, major vacancies and other landlord’s strategies
• Attend meetings / functions related to successful operation of Property i.e. SAPOA, CJP etc.
b. Asset Management
• Control/schedule/implement regular preventative maintenance program in line with budget constraints
• Motivation of refurbishments, major repairs as appropriate
• Attend site meetings with contractors in respect of maintenance/expansion of projects
• Monitor progress
• Inspection / enforcement of tenant responsibilities during and on termination of lease terms
• Liaison with appropriate Government, Provincial and/or local authorities
• Responsible for Compliance of OSH Act
c. Client Reporting
• Provide accurate information to client according to agreed format timeously
• Analysis of monthly income /expenses
• Monitoring of turnover rentals
• Analysis of operating costs on a quarterly basis in terms of the approved forecasts
• Monitoring of all municipal recoveries (and general recoveries) on a monthly basis
d. Planning And Budgeting
• Preparation and completion of budgets by January each year
• Complete of forecasts timeously
• Review rental quarterly and ensure best possible rate achieved and maintained
• Assist in formulation of business plans for the unit
• 5 Year budget – preparation and control
• Half yearly or Quarterly review and monitoring results
e. Quarterly Expenditure / Analysis
• Set and motivate capex /TI philosophy per building in consultation with client
• Approve TI standard specification as recommended by the Project Manager
• Approve capex within authority limits
• Ensure we conform to capex philosophy and procedures
• Estimate new operating costs
• Ensure recovery of operational costs in accordance with Lease terms
f. Building Management
• Devise a five year maintenance plan including allowances for provisions or depreciation where applicable (annually) for submission to the Assistant General Manager / Director
• Investigate/initiate proposals for refurbishments
• Maintain a hands-on control of projects in hand
• Review the building status/grade annually and maintain the standards within those grade
• Ensures compliance with legal regulations. Completes regular OSH inspections and updates monthly reports as appropriate. Ensures that OSHA requirements are effectively implemented.
g. Debtors Management
• Monthly interaction meetings with Debtors, Debtors Manager and Leasing to ensure appropriate action taken and approve legal action.
h. Credit Control
• Responsible for Management:
– Legal action
i. Parking Management
• Monthly / ad hoc interaction meetings all parkades
• In conjunction with the responsible person for parking, maintain accurate control of “in house” operated parkades
j. Tenant Manager
• Deal with correspondence / interaction with tenants as required.
• Ensure that leases are timeously renewed and all vacant space is let and in a presentable state.
k. New Tenants
• Determination and recommendation of letting mandates (i.e. rental levels, installation cost etc)
• Lease negotiation and maintenance of tenant relationships.
• Control of new leases and recordal of same
• Control / oversee new installations (through technical manager where appropriate) including:
– Premises design
– Negation/liaison/control with/of professionals and contractors
– Sign off acceptance of complete premise
l. Existing Tenants
• Renewal of Lease Agreement both direct and through Building Management where applicable
• Tenant liaison and public relations
• Control/arrangement of centre promotions through merchants association/s or promotion committee/s
• Regular assessment of tenants turnover, stock turn and merchandising to establish both growth needs and/or trading difficulties
m. Expense Control
• Check and authorise payment of accounts
• Authorise cleaning, consumables, electrical and general maintenance orders
• Control wage and salary allocation
• Control municipal payments and recoveries there against
• Ensuring cost effectiveness and performance of contractors
2. Assumes responsibility for the effective maintenance and reporting of financial records.
a. Oversees preparation of monthly, annual, and other management reports.
b. Assesses and reports on monthly performance against budgets.
c. Prepares and motivates consolidated monthly reports for submission to client
3. Assumes responsibility for ensuring professional business relations with vendors, contractors, and trade professionals.
a. Works to develop and maintain productive business relations with vendors, suppliers, contractors, etc.
b. Acts as a liaison between the Company and external contacts.
c. Ensures effective coordination of external services with Company operations.
d. Obtains and conveys information as appropriate.
e. Promotes goodwill and a positive image of the Company.
4. Effectively supervises Property personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
a. Provides leadership to assigned personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts regular meetings to ensure that personnel are well informed of changes in policies and procedures. Discusses areas needing improvement.
b. Assigns and coordinates personnel. Directs daily operations.
c. Identifies, develops, and implements training programs as appropriate.
d. Conducts performance appraisals. Provides measurable feedback to assigned personnel and suggestions for improved performance. Formulates and implements employee corrective actions as needed.
e. Ensures that staffing levels are appropriate. Interviews, hires, and assigns personnel as necessary.
5. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
b. Completes special projects as assigned.
c. Reports on Operational expenses, foot traffic, security incidents etc.
1. Good communication and coordination exists with departments. Assistance is provided as needed.
2. Senior Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
3. Operations personnel are well trained, effective, and efficient. Appropriate supervision and assistance are provided.
4. Building/s are well maintained and secure and meet the needs of the Company.
5. Property operations are efficiently and cost effectively administered.
6. Current and future Property needs are well planned and budgets are established and maintained.
7. Effective business relations exist with vendors, contractors, and trade professionals.
Additional related maintenance and Property management training preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Excellent understanding of Property management procedures.
Knowledge of budgeting, service contracts, and leasing agreements.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Five or more years of related experience, with at least two or more years of supervisory experience.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Excellent leadership abilities.
Able to organize, coordinate, and direct team activities.
Strong problem solving skills.
Good communications skills.
Able to use all related maintenance equipment and computer applications.