|Remuneration:||R37500 – R42000 per month TCTC|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for talented communication professional to work for a leading agency, heralded as a world leader in their particular field.
We are looking for a go-getter, who will be responsible for all crisis communications including internal communications and customer communications, Social Media and Media Relations as well as development and execution of the internal communications strategy. You will have experience of leading internal communications.
You will have a proven ability to develop robust communications plans, including responsibility for achieving key KPIs, and have the gravitas and presence to deal with senior stakeholders preparing for incidences. You will be required to take shifts with team members to be on call to deal with queries and incidences outside of normal working hours.
This role is responsible for devising and executing the communications strategy and plans; managing clients; advising leadership and thought leadership, and reporting on results and value of communications efforts.
You need to be experienced in:
- Media/influencer relations
- Client service/management
- Writing proficiencies
- Recommend and oversee the use of appropriate communications platforms for different audiences, different audience segments, and different messages.
- Track and measure communication program success and engagement over time and make necessary adjustments.
- Recommend and monitor implementation of best communications practices.
- Reimagine or discontinue specific communications, communication vehicles, and practices that do not comport with best practices.
- Ensure quality control of all information released.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Ability to generate a plan for a campaign or an entire PR program. Ability to generate and edit award submissions, press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, biographies, tour reports, briefing books, contributed articles, speaking opportunity abstracts, pitches, Q&As, company memoranda and general team correspondence; also responsible for their production and assembly. Professional, articulate and timely client communication. Development of consistent, creative, successful pitches.
- Strong Financial services or Fintech PR background with some knowledge of corporate PR and crisis management
- Experience of running a reactive and proactive press office and handling incoming press enquiries
- Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking
- A wide network of national consumer and business as well as regional contacts across a broad spectrum of media
- A bachelor’s degree with a communications or related major or equivalent experience
- Approximately 10 years of communications experience
- Experience in delivering impactful PR campaigns from inception through to delivery with a strong cuttings folder to prove it!
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally, interfacing at all levels
- Superior people and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Team player who works well under pressure
- Thrives in an environment of flexibility and change
Posted on 15 Feb 11:15
Apply by email