Job Grade : Patterson Grade: C2
Number of Positions : x 1
To print high quality security products according to customer requirements and SABN standards.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Set-up and operate the Litho or Intaglio Machine in line with production standards, targets, quality and safety standards
- Collect random samples and inspect them during print runs to determine if any adjustments need to be made
- Check proofs for ink alignment, registration, density and coverage and make adjustments as needed
- Monitor ink flow rates and make adjustment to achieve the desired flow for quality printing
- Monitor and respond to error, alert or fault messages on machines, complete first line maintenance and report any machine faults to Plant, Equipment & Maintenance (PEM) department
- Provide support and technical training to the operators and assistants
- Ensure clean and tidy workplace at all times in line with operational excellence standards (OES)
- Ensure safety, quality regulations and standards are adhered to
- TT3 with Printing Trade Certificate
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Printer
Knowledge and Skills:
- Machine maintenance
- Printing industry knowledge
- Persuading and Influencing
- Planning and organising
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Applying expertise and technology
- Communication (verbal and written) skills
- Computer literacy
Internal applicants should apply on the SABN careers portal on the intranet by uploading detailed CV’s and copies of qualifications.
External applicants should apply on Careers24 website by uploading detailed CV’s, ID copy, copies of qualifications and recent pay slip.
No applications will be considered if the supporting documents are not submitted.
SABN is committed to employment equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of SABN & its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under represented designated groups. No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements. Please note that correspondence will be limited to shortlisted applicants only.
Should you not hear from us within 10 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. SABN reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised. Prospective applicants must be willing to undergo a series of assessments and security clearance process as prescribed by the National Key Point Act.
The SABN will generally not use your personal information for purposes other than which the law requires. Your information may be reported to the Department of Labour (DOL) in line with government reporting requirements. The DOL has undertaken to adhere strictly to the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPIA) in the processing of all information, and has accepted all accountability for same. You therefore absolve the SABN for any liability whatsoever, and howsoever arising from the providing of information.