The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state-owned organisation. They work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ offers the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
The GIZ South Africa, Lesotho and eSwatini Country Office in Pretoria is looking to fill the position of PROCUREMENT OFFICER. Our client is seeking candidates that transform, deliver high impact and sustained results.
You will be responsible for the organizational and administrative support in accordance with the specific GIZ regulations and guidelines, co-ordinating effectively with colleagues at national and international level.
Our client offers an exciting and energising place to work where fresh, innovative ideas are welcome. Opportunities for you to have an impact on the programme they partner and communities they serve.
Market competitive remuneration reflective of skills and experience.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) degree in Supply Chain Management, Economics or Business Administration.
- A Masters or MBA is an added advantage
- Membership and/or accreditation with a professional Procurement or Supply Chain Management body such as Charted Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS), the Professional Body for Supply Chain Management SAPICS, etc. is an added advantage.
- At least 5 -7 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
- Excellent knowledge of Procurement Processes & Procedures.
- Experience with the digitalisation of procurement.
How you can make a difference …..
Procurement of Goods, Materials, Vehicles, And Equipment:
- Integrates Sustainability requirements across end-to-end procurement.
- Issues RFx (Request For x), adverts, invitations to tender and purchase orders.
- Conducts regular market scouting and sourcing for alternatives.
- Coordinates with stakeholders including suppliers, procurement head office and end users.
- Establishes and updates procurement contracts and supplier databases, filing systems and archives regularly (digital and manual).
- Manages goods delivery, inspections, receipts, and their documentation
- Liaises with suppliers of defective goods for comprehensive corrective action.
- Processes purchase requisitions, receipt of goods and complaints
- Coordinates logistics for delivery of goods to end users, in line with the relevant incoterms
- Proactively manages stakeholder expectations regarding procurement requests and PO (Purchase Order) status, including anticipated delays/ supply disruption.
Contracting of Consultants, Appraisers and Financial Contributions
- Leads on Contracting Excellence and world-class contracting practices.
- Implements the agreed Service Level Agreements and request checklists with the relevant stakeholders.
- Monitors status of contract implementation and reports on payment status.
- Business partnering advises projects and procurement officers especially regarding complex procurement cases, including benchmarking, procurement forecasts and outlooks where necessary.
- Arranges for import and export of goods through customs, including coordination with Department of International Cooperation (DIRCO).
- Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties if required.
- Develops procurement strategy, manages supply risks and resilience for category.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Very good working knowledge of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) [related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. Microsoft (MS) Office, MS Teams, Systems, Applications and Products (SAP).
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English; German is an added advantage.
- Finely tuned business acumen, able to work independently and show initiative.
- Team player, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and supplier relationship management skills.
- Time management and utilisation of proven prioritisation methodologies.
- Intercultural experience and embraces values on diversity and inclusion.
Additional Requirements & Information:
- This position is based in Pretoria and is a long term fixed contract.
- A motivation letter “Why Giz …. and why do you think you will fit into this organisation?
- Kindly provide us with a detailed CV with your accomplishments at each company.