Career Opportunities: Producer/presenter (7284)
Requisition ID 7284 – Posted 04/20/2021 – Eastern Cape Province – Eastern Cape Region – EC – Port Elizabeth
Position: producer presenter
umhlobo wenene current affairs x 2 (60018941; 60018945)
Scale code: 402
Reporting Line: Output Editor: News & Current Affairs (Radio)
CLOSING DATE: 26 APRIL 2021
Main purpose of the position:
To produce and/or co-present Current Affairs programmes and to be part of a team that produces and broadcasts stories that are newsworthy, compelling, accurate and fair for its target audience.
- Initiate and produce news and current affairs content as assigned.
- Present and/or co-present Current Affairs programmes, Special Programmes/Broadcasts and Outside Broadcasts.
- Identify, initiate, brainstorm, research, plan, record, produce and broadcast Current Affairs stories and material that are newsworthy, compelling, accurate and fair for the target audience.
- Plan and deliver the content of identified Current Affairs stories and programmes.
- Adhere to specific language requirements.
- Interpret and analyse the undercurrents in and subtexts of stories.
- Conduct field, archival and other research.
- Conduct interviews and Q&As.
- Write/script, voice and package stories.
- Deliver Current Affairs content/programmes on time.
- Provide support and mentorship of team members and colleagues.
- Establish and maintain news networks and contacts.
- Ability to engage professionally with the target audience to promote and enhance News and Current Affairs.
- Adhere to South Africa’s Constitution, all broadcasting and other legislation, ICASA regulations, the BCCSA Code of Conduct, SABC editorial policies and appropriate news and current affairs style guide etc.
- National Diploma / Degree in Journalism or Media Studies or equivalent qualifications
- 4 years’ experience in radio news environment and specific language context.
- Written and spoken mother-tongue proficiency in the designated language plus English.
- Have a good understanding of social media and its usefulness as a journalistic tool.
- Keep abreast of news, current affairs, trends, and developments.
- Excellent general and news knowledge.
- Good and clear broadcast voice.
- Sound understanding of current social, economic and political trends.
- Good ability to plan, organize and work in a team.
- Good ability to work under pressure, including long and irregular hours.
- Good understanding of the news, media and broadcasting environment.
- Well-developed computer literacy (Microsoft, Internet, Dalet/Audacity and ENPS etc.)