Job Title : Professional Nurse – Harm Reduction
Annual salary (based on
and experience) : R499,655
Location : Mbombela
Department : System Strengthening
Reporting to : District Coordinator
Main Purpose of the position:
To provide a quality and comprehensive primary health care nursing service to patients at a
primary health care setting.
Scope of work:
• Act as shift leader in Unit (where necessary)
• Diagnosing, prescribing, dispensing and initiation of ARV’s, PrEP, TB/STI treatment
• Comprehensive harm reduction service delivery
• Point of Care testing (TB LAM, I-STAT, PIMA)
• Oversee HCT and Health education during outreach.
• To assess patient health and level of compliance.
• Submit daily statistics, quarterly reports to Coordinator
• Oversee and manage community-based harm reduction service delivery.
• Oversee and manage community-based support staff
• Clinical management (ART/PrEP/TB/SRH/STI) of patients and appropriate record keeping
of confidential patient files
• Recording of patient information for M & E purposes
• Quality Assurance
Essential Qualifications and Registrations:
• Basic R425 qualification (i.e. Diploma/Degree in Nursing) or equivalent qualification that
allows registration with the SANC as a Professional Nurse
• Post basic qualification with a duration of at least 1 year in Curative Skills in Primary
Health Care accredited with the SANC
• Registered with SA Nursing Council (SANC)
• Dispensing License
Minimum working experience required:
• Minimum of 4 years appropriate/recognisable nursing experience after registration as
Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing
• Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, STI’s and TB, Harm reduction
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programmes
• Proficiency in reading, speaking, and writing in English
• Proficiency in another language
Closing date for applications: 18 December 2020 at 16h00 PM
Interested candidates should forward a motivational letter and CV to
email@example.com or fax to 081 680 0736.
For enquiries please contact Tshililo Pharamela on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. If you have not been contacted
within one month after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application