The Nal’ibali Trust: Professional Services Administrator
The Nal’ibali Trust
Nal’ibali (isiXhosa for “here’s the story”) is a national reading-for-enjoyment campaign. It seeks to spark and embed a culture of reading across South Africa, so that reading, writing, and sharing stories – in all South African languages – is part of everyday life.
Job Overview: The Professional Services Administrator (PSA) will have 3 main areas of responsibility: 1) managing the reception area and providing general office co-ordination, 2) Provide HR support to the HR Specialist, and 3) Assist the Professional Services Team with adhoc general admin support.
1. Reception and office co-ordination:
- Answer incoming calls, supply staff contact details when necessary and email messages when applicable
- Greet visitors and offer hospitality
- Arrange tea, coffee and snacks when required for meetings
- Manage Boardroom setup for meetings
- Ensure that Reception area is kept clean and tidy
- Ensure that COVID-19 safety policies are adhered to at the office
- Support distribution related calls and data capturing
2. General HR Support
- Screening of CV’s and shortlisting candidates
- Schedule and conduct interviews for junior positions
- Conduct reference checks including MIE Check/SAPS follow up
- Prepare offer letters and employment contracts
- Schedule orientation and prepare orientation packs
- Creation of employee files with relevant employment details
- Drive the organisation’s wellness and Values & Behaviours initiatives
- Administer and monitor staff development and reporting
- Support Performance Management processes and training
- Administer payroll supporting documentation
- Prepare UI19’s and salary schedules for leavers
- Leave administration and reporting
- Administer and support remuneration initiatives
3. Professional Services Ad hoc General Admin support
- Schedule meetings, minute-taking and notes
- Assist CFO with ad hoc admin support
- A human resources diploma or related qualification, or minimum 1-2 years’ administration experience
- Experience in the NGO/development sector advantageous
- Able to engage in meaningful negotiation and resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Display excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time-management skills
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Able to use Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion
- Warm, welcoming and professional in engagement with staff and office visitors
- Must be available immediately
- Must be based in Cape Town and work from the office in Kenilworth
Should you meet the above requirements and criteria, please email your motivational letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and surname, position title on the subject line, (e.g. Joe Soap, Professional Services Administrator).
Feedback will be provided to shortlisted candidates only.
For more information, please have a look at our website www.nalibali.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies
If you do not hear from us by 31 January 2022, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note: By applying for this role and supplying the necessary details, you hereby grant us permission to apply for the necessary background and criminal checks. This will be done in a confidential manner, and solely for the purposes of verification.