About the job:
The CSIR has a vacancy for a Project Administrator within the Smart Places Cluster. The incumbent will be responsible for providing administrative support according to applicable project management framework in support of the effective and efficient delivery of projects. The position in based in Pretoria.
- Route proposals, tenders, contracts, independent contractors/ sub consultancies and memorandum of understanding agreements etc. ensuring timeous and correct approvals;
- Prepare project and contract registration forms and project schedules;
- Assist the project manager with the administrative aspects required to establish, implement and maintain project controls;
- Collect documentation required for compliance to project control standards and procedures;
- Participate in line project office meetings by capturing actions and resolutions and provide required information for decision making;
- Highlight red flags (e.g. incorrect booking) and inform the project lead and/or other relevant stakeholders;
- Obtain project status feedback and record in relevant status document;
- Provide inputs requested to and prepare documentation required by relevant programme governance committees;
- Facilitate project documentation and ensure compliance with project management, business frameworks and CSIR quality standards;
- Support good contact with senior stakeholders internally and externally;
- Prepare expense reconciliations.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A National Diploma in project management with at least two years project administration experience within a project/programme management training environment assisting in the coordination of multiple projects;
- Proficient in Microsoft Project or similar software;
- Good numerical skills;
- Attention to detail.
Closing date: 28 June 2021
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please email us at Recruitment02@csir.co.za. Please do-not send your application to this mailbox, it is only for inquiries.
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the employment Equity Act and will through the filling of this vacancy, give preference to candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from registered credit bureau and/or South African Police Services (in relation to positions that requires trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances), and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualification and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.