Job title: Project Administrator (12 Months Contract)
Type: Permanent ☐ Fixed Term ☒ Temporary ☐
Main purpose of the job:
To provide overall administrative support to effectively handle internal and
external project related queries by processing the information received
accurately and engaging the Project Management Office (PMO) and project
Location: DMMH, Wits Medical School, Parktown
Closing date: 16 September 2021
Submit detailed CV to: email@example.com
Advert reference number: DMMH_ Project Administrator
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants
from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments
Key performance areas
▪ Manage, track, and update the project management office activity diary.
▪ Organise, administrate, and host meetings (minute taking, venue bookings, sending invitations and
follow-ups etc) for both physical and virtual platforms.
▪ Ensure that required meeting resources (as per training SOP) and meeting agendas are readily
▪ Participate in planning and organising of project related events (training, workshops, etc.).
▪ Handle internal and external project related queries by processing the information received
accurately and engaging PMO where necessary.
▪ Copy, scan and print files and any other documentation as required.
▪ Support stakeholder management activities and track customer complaints.
▪ Maintain a safe clean office environment.
▪ Management of asset register by updating and tracking changes.
▪ Fulfil requirements stipulated in the Device Management SOP.
▪ Coordinate and facilitate communication on asset loss, damage, theft, and replacement with project
▪ Keep track of lost, stolen, damaged and replaced assets.
▪ Project documentation and portfolio of evidence (POE) verification and filing.
▪ Electronic scanning and filing of POEs into respective folders for easy retrieval.
▪ Custodian of training material and project related documentation.
▪ Ensuring that all documentation is completed and submitted at project close-out.
▪ Maintain online Microsoft Teams folder to ensure timely submission of timesheets, weekly schedules,
monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
▪ Ensure that trip reports are available when the team returns from the field.
Required minimum education and training
Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification (Public Administration)
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
• Computer literacy
• Good interpersonal and communication skills verbal and written
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong administrative and communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Proficient use of the Microsoft Office packages
• Adaptable and reliable
• Customer service qualification is advantageous
• Experience in call center environment is essential
• Experience in management of assets
• Understanding of the health sector is desirable
• Experience in management and filing of project documentation
• Experience in facilitating and taking part in planning, organizing, packaging and distribution of project
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Support planning and organization of project activities
Required minimum work experience
2-4 years’ experience in administration.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The
subject heading of the email must read DMMH_ Project Administrator and the job title of position applying for.
Please include the following documentation:
• A cover letter (maximum one page) that clearly states which vacancy you are applying for
• A detailed CV