Main Purpose: Responsible for Scope of Work development, advanced planning of outage related fabrication works and for co-ordinating between the sites and Pretoria works the fabrication activities in accordance with the priority levels agreed to.
Key Performance Areas:
- Be the single link between Pretoria Workshop and the Boiler Serve sites.
- Review outage schedule and plans fabrication activities up to 24 months in advance.
- Access each outage plan (via Sciforma) and plans when components are required.
- Agree priority levels between sites and Pretoria Workshop via an appropriate reporting platform.
- Review the SOW required to be manufactured and ensures it is clearly defined.
- Ensure all Site QC and Engineering requirements or involvement are catered for and obtained prior to issuing an instruction to proceed to the Pretoria workshop.
- Deal with technical queries and resolve them timeously.
- Filter work that needs to be subcontracted.
- Continuous engagement with Pretoria Workshop to reduce outsourcing and incrementally increase the scope of in-house fabrication.
- Be pro-active and travel to the sites to obtain all necessary information.
- Maintain regular meetings with Site Managers and Project Managers.
- Be able to communicate with Engineering, Project Managers, Site Managers, QC, Procurement, Logistics and Suppliers.
- Any other job related duties as required from time to time.
- Manage pressure and high workloads during outages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in delivering prepared reports to management.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Able to work in a team and independently.
- Deadline oriented.
- Demonstrate sound work ethic.
- Will take personal ownership of accelerated on-boarding and will acquaint oneself with the Company’s products and services.
- Pedantic, attention to detail.
- Pursue improved methods over accepted norms.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Grade 12/N3 with mathematics and physical science or Technical qualification.
- Diploma in Engineering would be preferred and BTech or B.Sc. degree in Engineering would be advantageous.
- 10 Years’, preferably 15 years, experience in a Boiler maintenance and fabrication environment.
- Experience must have been accumulated in a technical or project management role.
- Knowledge of boiler maintenance activities.
- Intimate knowledge of pressure part fabrication processes.
- Familiar with material supply chain locally and internationally.
- Computer literate (MS Office, Sciforma).