INTERNSHIP: Project Management Assistant (X2)
(12 MONTHS FIXED-TERM CONTRACT)
TO External (www.nra.co.za )
REPORTS TO N2 & N3 Program Managers
DATE 07 April 2021
LOCATION Eastern Region, 58 Van Eck Place, Mkondeni, Pietermaritzburg
The purpose of the internship is to provide work-based experience to the suitable
candidate in providing professional project administrative support across multiple projects
to a centralized Project Team whilst developing and maintaining excellent working
relationships with all SANRAL stakeholders to ensure required business results.
• A Bachelor of Project Management / Office Administration or equivalent relevant
• Good command of English.
• Works well under pressure.
• Ability to remain calm in volatile situations.
• A postgraduate qualification in Project Management/ Office Administration or
equivalent relevant qualification.
• A valid driver license
• Ability to manage stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
• Multilingual in any two vernacular languages.
N2 & N3 Program
• Capturing the applications received towards establishment of the N2 and N3
• Providing required administration support on the daily and monthly reporting
updates pertaining to the N2 and N3 upgrade.
• Scheduling and managing weekly/monthly progress meetings for the 10 and 14
packages on this N2/N3 Program (Providing oversight on program diary)
• Taking minutes at progress meetings and keeping record of such minutes.
• Scheduling Project Liaison Committee meetings and providing required
administration support such as coordinating committee meeting
attendance/securing meeting venues, etc
• Keeping record of each construction contract progress and record of issues
pertaining to each construction package
• Providing all other administration duties required on the N2 and N3 upgrade
• Provide limited technical input on projects when the project manager is not
• Coordinating logistics for project meetings;
• Attend to public queries;
• Ensure continuous professionalism with staff and stakeholders;
• Cultivate and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders,
• Updating internal and AG audit checklists to ensure project is audit ready;
• Circulation of design reports and draft tender documents to project managers and
regional specialists, capturing of comments and filing of the final
• Accurate and proficient uploading of documents and drawings to EDMS from
project inception to close-out
• Maintain relevant databases for project related information including milestones
and expenditure, e.g. updating spreadsheets for contract details, claims, variance
• Ensure correct profiling of documents on EDMS;
• Ensure proper filing of all memos and correspondence in project file
EMPLOYMENT REFERENCE CHECKS
Employment reference checks are a requirement as part of SANRAL’s recruitment and selection
process. In order for SANRAL to conduct these checks a consent form needs to be completed and
signed by the applicant. As an applicant of this position, you authorize SANRAL to process all the
information provided for the purpose of your application for the position as well as the verification
and record keeping of such credentials.
Please note that this is a confidential document and is intended for internal use by SANRAL’s
Human resources department only.
Appointments will be made in accordance with SANRAL’s Employment Equity
SANRAL reserves the right not to fill any position
Closing date for applications: 31 April 2021
Please submit your CV to:
SANRAL Eastern Region
Email Subject : PMA Intern
Due to high volume of applications, please note that communication will be
limited to shortlisted candidates only.