Name of Position : Projects Manager
Closing Date for Applications : 18 December 2020
Commencement Date for Post : As soon as possible
Salary Range : D-Upper
Reference : FAS/RECRUITMENT/PM35
Department: PQA Department
Reporting Line COO
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The primary purpose of this position is to fulfil the organisational objectives managing the
operations of the discretionary projects and quality assurance functions of Fasset. To also
provide support to Chief Operations Officer and PQA Department. This will be done by
implementing the mandatory and discretionary projects, assessing, monitoring and evaluating
projects that are funded by Fasset. Oversee and manage the facilitation of the accreditation
against the SETA Occupational Qualifications and Learning Programme Criteria. The incumbent
will perform quality assurance duties against pre-accreditation processes; monitor allocated
Fasset projects budgets; coordination reports targets as indicated and approved as part of the
service level agreement (SLA) with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET).
• Accurate and balanced reporting of the qualitative and quantitative achievements in line
with the Framework for Managing of Programme Performance information, issued by the
National Treasury as well as in line with DHET reporting requirements.
• Contribute to the effectiveness of the organisation’s management information system (MIS)
by making recommendations.
• Managing provider applications received and ensure that a fair, valid and accurate
assessment process is in place and provider assessments are completed regularly.
• Attending relevant DHET meetings
• Manage reporting quarterly and at the end of financial year.
• Oversee and manage Projects, Learnerships and Grants Units.
• Manage and oversee accreditation process against the Fasset Occupational Qualifications
and Learning Programme Criteria
• Implement strict internal controls in the Projects, Learnerships and Grants Departments.
• Perform quality assurance duties and quality assure reports
• Liaison with the internal and external auditors
Qualification ▪ Relevant degree at NQF Level 7 and
Finance related qualification is highly
Critical: ▪ More than 5 years relevant experience, and experience
in internal / external auditing will be preferred.
Experience in the Public sector environment advantageous
▪ Knowledge of SETMIS and Survey Hub system will be an
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Essential ▪ Knowledge of the NQF Act 67 of 2008, Skills Development
Act and related legislations
▪ Strong report writing skills
▪ Managing and supporting team
▪ Highly self- motivated and engaged.
▪ Solid understanding of data: how to organise it, how to
model it, how to extract insights from it, and how to
▪ Confidently produce a high quality of work that delivers an
elevated attention to detail.
▪ Demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication
▪ Ability to adapt quickly to fast-paced changing environment
▪ Motivation to take ownership of tasks and the
determination to drive them to completion.
▪ Ability to work under pressure and meetdeadlines.
▪ Detail and process orientated.
▪ Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication.
▪ Report writing and presentation skills.
▪ Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Date of Commencement of Position
Fasset requires applications for a Permanent Project Manager to join the existing team as soon
The salary range to be offered for this position is D-Upper
Applicants may be required to undergo a competency assessment.
Address your full curriculum vitae (Including name, postal address/email addresses, telephone/fax
numbers of 2 referees) to Human Resources Department by no later than 18 December 2020.
Fax: 011 476 5756
Please quote the reference number: FAS/RECRUITMENT/PM35
Should you not hear from Fasset within 4 weeks of the closing date of please consider your
application unsuccessful. Communication will be entered with shortlisted candidates only