Isibani: Project Officer
Isibani Development Partners
POSITION FOR AGWY AND ABYM Project in uMhlathuze Sub-District, King Cetshwayo
Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa. Our programs focus is on HIV, TB, Non-Communicable diseases and Capacity development for community-based organization and government departments.
We are seeking suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
POSITION: 1 x Project Officer (Ref No: PO 001)
Job Overview: Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Officer: In-School and Out-of-School AGYW and ABYM Program will provide essential support to the AGYW and ABYM project in Umhlathuze Sub-District. The incumbent will work closely with the Executive director, Program Manager, and other team to achieve project success. To ensure that the primary goal is accomplished, the project officer will provide administrative and technical skills to support the project success as will be responsible for monitoring project, schedule meetings, preparing progress reports and liaising with key stakeholders.
Key Performance Areas Include:
- Organise Project Meetings on a regular basis.
- The Project Officer will also arrange and organise for sector meetings with the members of the project, send out any relevant information and attend each meeting of the project.
- Maintain Documents; the Project Officer will be responsible for maintaining crucial project document which track project progress.
- S/he will file all project documents in an appropriate database and ensure that all documents are accurate and have been accepted by the Project team.
- Identify Problems or risks being so closely involved in the project, the Project Officer is relied upon to identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of the project and communicate these items with the Project team and work to identify potential solutions.
- Maintain the schedule; the Project Officer will closely watch the project schedule, monitoring deadlines for each project task. S/he checks regularly that every deadline is still possible and report any potential delays to the Project team.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager and the Isibani senior management team.
- Collect and manage all timesheet and leave forms of AGYW and ABYM staff.
- Assist in scheduling interviews and preparing required documentation.
- Assist in collecting and preparing orientation documents.
- Ensure all employee documents are filled accordingly.
- Work with HR team in head office, regarding resignations and any other HR related matters.
- To be a great reporter, Reporting on progress, status, resources, plans, finances, and reviews.
- Be able to interact with people to validate data and create meaningful clear information that can be acted on.
- An analytic thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be a team player with a high level of self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals.
- Must be an excellent organiser to organise meetings and trainings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher educational certificate/Diploma in Project management.
- Experience in the advertised position.
- Experience with electronic information systems.
- Experience of working in Global Fund, PEPFAR or other AGYW or ABYM projects would be an added advantage.
Suitable candidates to send CV application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Position you applying for and Ref number
Closing date: Sunday, 01 August 2021
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be notified