Public Relations Intern
Location: Durbanville Hills, WC, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Distell presents exciting opportunities for candidates with the potential for placement as a Public Relations Intern, at Durbanville Hills Wines. The successful candidate will report to the Destination Manager.
Purpose of the Position
The intention is to give practical work experience to students who are in their last year of study and require exposure in a work environment or have a prerequisite to have practical work experience before qualification. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12-month contract commencing October 2021 and terminating September 2022.
Key Learning Areas include, but are not limited to the following:
- General Documentation, administration, and procurement
- The successful coordination of conferences and functions
- Conducting informative wine tours and tasting
- Assist to increase awareness, sales, and visitor scores
- Manage brand home stock and minimise losses
The successful candidate will be expected to work a 45-hour workweek, which will include Saturdays, Sundays, and Pubic holidays on a regular basis.
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- The final year of obtaining tertiary qualification – degree/diploma;
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Sound communication and presentation skills;
- Effective time management;
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team
- South African citizen
- Able to travel locally and have own reliable transport
- Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12-month contract.
- Experience in the wine industry and a preliminary Cape Wine Academy course will be an advantage
Prospective interns must submit the following:
- Covering letter/ Motivational letter,
- A curriculum vitae,
- Certified academic record,
- Certified copy of Grade 12,
- A letter from the tertiary institution confirming that the student requires 12-month practical work experience in order to obtain his/her qualification.
- A format for evaluation required by the tertiary institution indicating how the student will be evaluated during the internship programme.
- Certified copies of Identity Document.
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
Reference Number: 18587 Closing Date: 10 September 2021