Public Relations Officer
Location: JC Le Roux, WC, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Distell Ltd is a leading producer of top-quality wines, spirits, and RTDs. Distell is in the process of recruiting for a candidate to be appointed as a Public Relations Officer at JC Le Roux Brandhome based in Stellenbosch. The successful candidates will report to the Operations Manager.
Purpose of the role:
This position is a hospitality role and will be responsible for the best practice execution of the Brandhome experiences focused on building brand awareness, educating, and driving trial at the House of J.C. Le Roux tasting room to reach growth targets and exceed the overall customer experience. Always exceed guest expectations through service excellence, creating memorable experiences, and maintaining world-class hospitality standards.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Active involvement in the management of all aspects of the J.C. Le Roux Tasting Room guest experience and service excellence
- Conduct tastings, tours, and presentations on Sparkling Wine Tastings
- Assist the Operations Manager in the implementation of functions and events
- Support management through active involvement in the development of new revenue streams to optimize profit
- Active involvement in the promotion and sales of destination offerings, experiences, and products
- Drive database and wine club sign-ups
- Implementation of the Integrated Brandhome consumer engagement plan
- Implement activation strategies to achieve consumer engagement and to create memorable experiences
- Drive efficiencies and maintain operational excellence
- Ensure effective stock and cash handling and minimizing losses
- Responsible for Consumer and Corporate VIP satisfaction of the Brand Home experience.
- The successful implementation of special VIP tours and functions.
- Conducting informative wine tours and tastings.
- Assist to reach awareness, sales, and visitor scores.
- Active involvement in daily banking and cash floats.
- General administration, procurement, and budgeting.
- Assist the Operations Manager in the implementation of quality systems procedures.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- Tertiary qualification in Public Relations, hospitality, tourism, or event coordination, will be an advantage.
- Experience in the wine industry and a Preliminary Cape Wine Academy course will be an advantage.
- Understanding of, and experience in the hospitality and events industry, preferably in a premium wine environment.
- Proven sales experience will be an advantage
- Ability to work independently and cope under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills on all levels with sound employee relationships.
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to adapt to different groups and their needs.
- Be able to act professionally at all times.
- Proven administrative experience including strong literacy and numeric ability.
- Strong organizational skills. Experience managing multiple priorities and changing environment.
- Proven track record of delivering results against defined targets.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Pilot, and CRM platforms.
- Strong customer service and sales aptitude.
- Able to work independently and creatively, pre-empting, and problem-solving issues as needed.
- Possess excellent communication skills, friendly, approachable, and professional when dealing with visitors and staff in person, over the phone, or in writing.
- Willingness to work weekends and Public Holidays
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
Reference Number: 18545 Closing Date: 25 August