Vacancy: Fidelity Security Services – Qualified Electrician
Region: Helderkruin – Gauteng
Division: Group Infrastructure Management Department
Reporting to: Manager
Overall Purpose of the job:
We currently have a vacancy for a Qualified Electrician at the Group Infrastructure Management Department, situated in Krugersdorp, a division of Fidelity Services Group
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Have at least 5 years of experience as a qualified electrician
- You will need an electrician degree from a college and experience in the field working on simple and complexed electrical systems.
- Experience: – Inspecting, testing, repairing, installations and modifying electrical components and systems – deep electrical system, power generation, blueprint and maintenance plus repair knowledge
- Good knowledge of various test equipment
- Experience in renewable energy field
- Valid driver’s licence Code 8 and a clean driving record with no traffic violations – own reliable transport is essential
- Should be qualified to issue and complete a COC Certificate
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Repair, install and maintain wiring control & lighting systems working from a technical blueprint.
- Repairs / Maintenance in general e.g., gate motors, electric fences etc.
- Must be qualified to issue and complete a COC Certificate
- Inspect electrical components such as transformers and circuit breakers (corrective maintenance), sorting out electrical issues using a variety of testing devices.
- Repair or replace wiring equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools
- Read technical diagrams and blueprints
- Perform general electrical maintenance
- Always follow National electrical code state & local building regulations
- Always adhere to Health & Safety regulation and requirements.
- You will need to travel countrywide to do installations/maintenance and to sort out electrical problems as and when required
- Complete site inspections to be conducted when on site & report issues to management
- Responsible hardworking individual with practical skills
- Confidence when using power tools
- The ability to follow instructions
- Ability to focus for long period of time
- Persuasiveness and client relationship skills
- Good communication, planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work independently and with own initiative
- Quality assurance
- Attention to detail
- Work as team
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team. Whilst black female candidates will be given priority as per our transformation policy subject to the above criteria.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. E and OE.