Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Stellenbosch, WC, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position in the CoE SHERQ Department (Quality), based at Adam Tas in Stellenbosch. The successful incumbent will report to the Group Manager: SHERQ.
Purpose of the Position:
The purpose of the position is to establish strategic plans, policies, standards and procedures to consistently and reliably produce and distribute products in accordance with global benchmarked standards of reliability, quality, service and costs.
To champion a culture of excellence in the Quality Management function and to build in management practices, routines, and measurement tools to global levels of reliability, quality, service and costs.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- To implement lean Quality Management systems and processes that compare with acceptable global standards.
- To lay down standards for products, processes, training and audit practices in support of the production of quality products first time right
- To support the Supply chain to eliminate waste and to reduce the cost of Quality.
- To Institutionalize a Quality Management training program
- To ensure that stock is optimally managed in accordance to acceptable storage conditions and First in First out principles
- Drive Quality Culture across Distell Business
- Provide strategic direction to quality managers across Distell Business
- Lead Supplier and Trade Quality functions as elements of holistic total quality management
- Make critical quality decisions timeously considering broader implications on business
- Contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews
- Manage strategic corrective and preventative actions for the business
- Design and train quality solutions (on train the trainer basis)
- Meets quality assurance financial objectives
- Develops quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses
- Validates quality processes and systems
- Maintains and improves product quality
- Prepares quality documentation and reports
- Enhances department and organization reputation
Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Assists in establishing, implementing and maintaining the company QMS.
- Primary activities include the auditing of the above systems and the company’s business processes.
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
- Develop training to build quality awareness and the use of inspection and measuring devices.
- Quality representative on designated projects from development or program from SOP’s plan.
- Point of contact with Client on projects / programs of such nature.
- Responsible for compilation of Quality Plan.
- Implementation of customer specific requirements.
- Project Co-ordination of all quality related activities.
- Focus and implementation of Quality at Source
- Focus and implementation of SPC
Manage Quality Services
- To manage non-conforming product, consumer and customer complaints in accordance to set processes that ensure consumer and customer safety and satisfaction, are environmental friendly and cost effective.
- To provide management with meaning-full information pertaining to non-conformances and write -off cost
- To promote and assist with the implement of an effective continuous improvement processes
- To facilitate cross functional problem solving
- To provide technical support and technical information to other functions in the form of:
- Support with problem solving
- International ventures
- Packaging and Process improvement
- Production trials
- Certificates and support letters to Export logistics
Provide Laboratory Service
- To provide a standardized world class laboratory service that provide accurate, in time and cost effective analysis results in support of a lean supply chain
- To ensure intra-laboratory consistency and accuracy of results.
- To optimize ICT capabilities with reference to SAP, Labware LIMS and instrument integration
The successful candidate must have the following qualification, skills and experience:
- BSc/BTech Degree in Sciences or equivalent
- Quality Assurance orientated with a minimum of 8 years in a FMCG environment, with 5 years in a senior management role (proven leadership skills)
- Experience in beverage industry will be strong advantage.
- Multi-site experience in a Quality Leadership Role will be a definite advantage
- Significant experience in quality at source
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Interdisciplinary thinking and open communication
- Influencing skills
- Ability to thrive in complex, pressurised environments
- High energy and motivated individual with ability to inspire others
- Excellent self-management skills
- Strategic forward-thinking abilities
- Strategic problem-solving capability
- Project Management skills
- Developed technical aptitude
- SHERQ exposure will be advantageous
If you are interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell Career Portal by logging onto SuccessFactors and following: Home > Careers.
Closing Date: 20 November 2021 Reference number: 18742