VKB Flour Mills (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of VKB Agri-Processors (Pty) Ltd and part of the VKB Group is a wheat mill and bakery situated in Frankfort in the Free State province. The organization, which strive towards healthy and modern business practices, offers employees the opportunity to utilize and develop their knowledge and skills in a competitive work environment. We offer you the opportunity to establish yourself within environment with resources inherent to the countryside.
This job contributes to VKB Frankfort Bakery success by developing, implementing and monitoring the quality strategy and programs to ensure the continuous supply of safe, wholesome and premium quality bakery products to customers.
- GRADE 12 or Equivalent
- Computer literate (Advance Excel, knowledge of formulas and graphs, it will be tested during interview)
- Good mathematical/analytical skills
- Willing to work overtime when required
- 2 to 3 years food safety and quality experience in a certified (HACCP / FSSC 22000) food facility in a similar position
- Experience in Baking and Milling industry
- Relevant qualification in Quality Assurance / Food Science
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITYS
- Responsible for monitoring, critical control points (CCP’s).
- Responsible for monitoring and product food safety and quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for the correct recording and filing of all relevant record logs and documentation.
- Ensures the correct recipe guidelines for products are met during processing.
- Ensures employees are following all Food Safety and worker safety practices.
- Ensures and educates employees on food safety and SQF standards.
- Responsible to issue disciplinary action when directed.
- Collect product samples for Product Development, lab retains and the laboratory when directed.
- Accept or reject product in the production process
- Perform inspections on Products, Equipment and Machinery.
- Report inspection and test data.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Good communication
- Accurate and attention to detail
- Good reporting skills
- Good planning skills
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic and trustworthy
- Work under pressure
- The company can expire jobs at any time at their own discretion.
- VKB Group and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment.
- VKB Group is an equal opportunity employer. VKB Group’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to VKB Group’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. VKB Group actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
- Things to take note of when applying through our Career Portal.
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
- Clear copy of your CV in either PDF or Word
- The CV should not have handwriting on the document
- NB! Only Submit your CV on the Upload CV section of the application form and not a PDF that includes other documents such as ID, Driver’s License and other documents. The application form will make provision for the candidate to upload supporting documents.
- When uploading profile picture, make sure the minimum size uploaded is 300 x 300px