AVI Ltd. is known for its leading household brands across many categories including: hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, personal care products, cosmetics, shoes, accessories, and fashion apparel.
NATIONAL BRANDS LIMITED operates 5 manufacturing sites, offering world class manufacturing facilities in Isando (Johannesburg), Rosslyn (Pretoria), Westmead and Durban (KZN). It is home to some of the best-known South African tea, coffee and creamer brands, including our delicious range of much-loved savoury and sweet biscuits, and our melt-in-your-mouth snack range.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Quality Management System Technician at NATIONAL BRANDS LIMITED Isando, Biscuits vacancy. The purpose of the role is the management and maintenance of the Quality Management System in compliance with the relevant Food Safety and Quality standards. The management and maintenance of the Non-conformance and Concession system as well as the management and coordination of the Quality and Food Safety requirements for all audits.
Line Manager: Quality Manager
Key Performance Areas:
Management of the Quality Management System
- Quality & food safety system document control: develop; review, maintain and update. The system must be audit-ready.
- Ensure that the factory prepares for all internal and external audits
- Draw up new relevant procedures and other documents and records for process modification and standard maintenance
- Ensure all records are up to date and completed in line with AIB/FSSC 22000 guidelines, checklists verification for accurate completion, equipment calibration registers up to date
- Coordinate and monitor the corrective and preventive action system with trend analysis and reporting
- Coordinate and conduct traceability and mock recall exercises – ensure Shopware, SAP knowledge to complete recall process
- HACCP committee member (review of the HACCP risk assessment)
- Plan and co-ordinate the Management Review annually
- Conduct gap analysis for each management system requirement to ensure that all requirements are fulfilled as per the Std. (FSSC 22000, ISO 2200, ISO/TS 22002-1 AIB, and HACCP)
- Ensure training requirements from all the standards are identified, communicated with HR, and budgeted for annually.
- Coordinate and manage a pool of internal auditors – ensuring at least 20 people are trained at any one time.
- Manage the Internal Audit system: Schedule and conduct audits; drive gap closure
- Site Calibration Register updated. Ensure that all measuring equipment and or device calibration is up to date by reminding the relevant owner of the due dates. Implement a tracker.
- Ensure safety and environmental standards are maintained with the support of the SHE Managers.
Management of Non-Conformance and Concession System
- Ensure that all non-conformances and concessions are followed up and closed out within the agreed times
- Maintain a real-time non-conformance system through Shopware and the NCR APP as well as concessions through the workflow system
- Daily, weekly, and monthly reporting and trending of NCR and Concession status
- Summarize and consolidate all NCRs and Concessions in line with priorities.
Assist across quality functions as required
- Assist in laboratory duties when necessary
- Assist in QC duties when necessary in relation to AIB & FSSC 22000 requirements
- Assist in Warehouse & Stores Checks
- Assist in visual checks on products stored in the site warehouse.
- Assist in inspections on packaging stored in the packaging stores where necessary
- Assist with GMP audits where required
- 5 years experience as a Quality Management System Technician within the food industry
- Experience leading Quality and Food Safety Audits
- National Diploma in Food Technology or Degree in Food Science
- FSSC 22000
- HACCP, VACCP, TACCP
- Computer Skills
- Food Safety Legislation
- Minimising Risk
- Attention to Detail
- Documenting Facts
- Meeting Deadlines
- Planning & Organising
- Interpreting Data
- Maintaining Productivity
- Thinking Rationally