Boikago Group (Pty) Ltd
- A well known automotive manufacturing company based in Pretoria is looking for a Quality Process Coach. with metrology background
Purpose of the Role
- Implement and maintain operation systems as per Global Inspection Process and other linked procedures.
- Assign concern responsibilities to root cause owners/base department. Record data and update on quality matrices in each zone and improve quality systems while continuously training team members/inspectors and team leaders to ensure standards/procedures are understood and adhered to.
- Apply engineering principles & analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products
- Perform as per production systems standard – assist team members in closing out concerns found during PJO
- Maintain evidence files which include PJO’s, time & data etc.
- Update zone boards as per standard
- Update exhibit-H for CAL and other end of zone painters as per procedure requirements
- Implement, improve and maintain escalation process for Blitz, A, B, C-Calls as outlined in procedure requirements
- Maintain and improve current standards where necessary
- Effectively manage absentees in the area and engage with team members through the return to work process, HR involvement for repeat offenders
- Manage the medical surveillance process to ensure all team members due for medical are assessed within time
- Effectively manage day to day running of his/her role with quality team
- Improve QOS
- Drive incoming quality and ensure part integrity are monitored to identify abnormalities
- Lead S-Safety aspect for department, ensuring that all safety non-conformances are closed
- Identify and close-out near misses continuously to ensure safe working environment
- Train and ensure team is versatile across inspections
- Support the Vehicle Evaluation Manager in continuous improvement to QOS and alignment of inspection to detect rejects and External concerns
- Attend/support VRT’s when required
- Support and bring special attention to production managers and area managers by identifying top quality concerns rejected in the Quality system through the tip level management process
- Inform maintenance team and manager immediately of any maintenance concerns
- Maintain 5s standards in all areas
- Maintain, update and save records timeously
- Strive to maintain zero ISO internal/external non-conformances
- Drive and improve QOS through Green-Belt, 6 Panels and Kaizen Projects
Minimum experience & qualifications required
- National Diploma or degree in Engineering Related Field (Mech/Quality)
- 5 – 10 Years Dimensional Control & Manufacturing Experience
- Knowledge, setup and operation of CMM / Scanning Measurement equipment
- Sound knowledge of quality procedures and the application thereof
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills to effectively discharge job duties.
- Well-developed collaboration skills.
- Ability to keep abreast of leading technologies and processes
- Well-developed business acumen
- Ability to manage change and conflict
- Verify tolerance/engineering specifications
- Develop dimensional/product/process controls plans
- Define and conduct machine process capability analyses