The Quality reviewer has overall responsibility for performing Engagement Quality Control Reviews in terms of ISQC 1 and the firm’s Quality Management Manual, thereby providing the firm an objective evaluation of the significant judgements made by the engagement teams and conclusions reached in formulating the report.
- To ensure effective processes and procedures to plan work, manage debtors and budgets, allocate resources and manage work in progress.
- Align performance to the strategic objectives of the Division to ensure long term organizational and individual success. Ability to demonstrate a broad-based view of issues and their wider implications.
- Apply verbal and non-verbal skills in expressing ideas, feelings, opinions and conclusions so that all parties understand what is being communicated.
- Create engaged clients by establishing and maintaining effective relationships.
- Review of Audit work and other quality assurance work.
- Preparation of report to directors and RMC.
- Enabling teams to meet deadlines with timely reviews
- Ensuring compliance with the Quality Management Standards.
- Convey concise, and accurate findings on matters of a complex nature in verbal and written form.
- Skills and knowledge in quality reviews within an audit firm.
- knowledge in Auditing.
- Chartered Accountant (SA)
- Registered Auditor
- Minimum 5 years post article experience.
- Previous experience as an Engagement Quality Control Reviewer / pre-issuance reviewer / quality reviewer would be an advantage.