Responsible for the day to day management of human resources activities in the operations and the effective and efficient integration and delivery of human resources initiatives and projects at a business unit level including the team management of Human Resources Consultants and officers; management of the HR Information Management System and data integrity; governance, project and change management & reporting of HR operational practices in line with policies and procedures across the complex, consultation and advice to line on people management policies and practices; and performance consulting.
- B. Degree in Human Resources Management
- Minimum 5 years experience as an HR generalist including 3 years experience as an HR Consultant.
- Work on-site; hours in line with operational requirements. This may include weekends and public holidays
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Reliability and adaptability
- Strong planning and organising and leadership skills.
- Able to work and think independently.
- Self starter, results driven.
- Attention to detail, analytical.
- Honesty and Integrity.
Key Performance Areas:
- Partner with business unit operations to facilitate the shortlisting and interviewing process for all management positions.
- Partners with HR Specialists to manage the recruitment and assessment processes; including advertising, reference checking, vetting; appointments
- Ensure that relevant documentation is provided to various stakeholders for recording purposes
- Facilitate the relocation and onboarding of employees onto the complex; and ensure the process of departmental onboarding takes place, in collaboration with Learning & Development
- Provide an onboarding and employment experience for employees in line with EVP to promote SI as the Best Company to work for.
- Participate and assist operators with talent and career processes
- Troubleshoot queries and employee relations issues being experienced within the operations
- Proactively feels the pulse of the Business unit and actively engages with operational teams on changes taking place
- Provide feedback to HR Management on feelings on the floor
- Facilitate the performance management process, and assist operators with any challenges or concerns they may have from a process perspective
- Tracks and analyses performance results across the complex and support business operations to identify individual opportunities and performance gaps.
- Where trends are identified conduct analyses (including observations / interviews) to investigate issues being experienced in the operations, diagnose and identify the route cause of the issue.
- Make recommendations to improve the performance
- In collaboration with the COE, facilitate learning solutions relevant to identified gaps
- Be a change agent and communicate on change plans within area of responsibility
- HR Governance & Counsel
- Develop and update standard operating procedures for HR Processes
- Communicate and update HR operating team on standards to be achieved
- Audit standards across the complex on a regular basis
- Highlight areas of concern and collaborate with HR Consultant to find a solution for improved excellence in HR practices and service standards
- HR Reporting & Analytics
- Measure targeted performance against key project / policy scope, schedule, quality, cost and risk criteria.
- Identify any deviations from the plan / policy / procedure.
- Assess the impact of deviations and report results to key stakeholders.
- Write status reports on the project for management and executives
- Prepare financial and Complex HR reports and supporting documentation (identifying trends; statistics; project status updates)
- Monitor performance and take remedial action to ensure stakeholder requirements are met and expected ROI is achieved;
- In cases of underperformance and non-delivery, provide recommendations for relevant stakeholder with remedial action and document
- HR Project Planning & Implementation
- Determine the objectives, measures and benefits for the operational implementation of HR projects
- Create a detailed work plan and schedule which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project including the allocation of resources
- Review the work plan and schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Manage the execution of a project by making key decisions, exercising overall control, assigning and co-ordinating business and HR resources, and placing formal requirements on authorising and accepting work, delivering and accepting work products as defined in the project plan.
- Co-ordinate and manage the HR operations team and provide guidance on a functional level to ensure delivery to objectives
- Monitor and control solution delivery and the complexs performance against plan throughout the project life cycle
- Prepare reports on the progress on the implementation plan
- Set up electronic files to ensure that all information is appropriately documented and secured.
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, SISA internal recruitment policy as well as units employment equity plans.