Star Merchant has an exciting opportunity available for a Receiving Clerk (Advanced) to be based in Team Support- Umhlanga, Durban. The incumbent will be responsible for planning the warehouse receiving operation that involves physical receiving / GRV’ing, scheduling, tracking and communicating with Sales and Buying Teams of deliveries throughout the day. To deal with queries and interact with other departments to resolve queries timeously. Communicating with all satellite warehouses with regards to the deliveries they received and ensuring stock is correctly booked into the correct warehouse.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in warehousing receiving/dispatching.
- Pastel Evolution.
- Geographic knowledge.
- Competent in MS Office products.
- Check goods to ensure the correct items are being received and the quality always meets the company standards.
- Ensure all goods being delivered are as per our company’s request as specified on a relative company PO with a valid order number (cross reference to purchase order supplied by the buying department to the supplier). Ensure quantities and pricing corresponds to the relevant PO.
- Complete daily delivery schedule and identify all orders received for the day. Also highlight non-conformances of suppliers whereby orders aren’t completed as per our requirement.
- Check that all items received are accompanied by relevant documentation such as a delivery note / supplier invoice with the correct PO number on it. A “receiving checklist” needs to be signed off with each delivery received.
- Once all requirements are met a GRV needs to be generated on Pastel Evolution which will effectively add the respective inventory items to the system.
- When doing the GRV ensure that the correct invoice number / delivery note number is entered as per the supplier documentation and check the description on the PO to see if the items on the request are special purchase or a general stock purchase are.
- If the items GRV’d into the system are for a special purchase, the sales department needs to be notified to ensure a sales order is generated on Pastel thus ensuring timeous delivery to the customer.
- If there are any queries regarding any product on a delivery this must be documented on the “Receiving Query Sheet” that must be submitted daily to the buying department. This document will highlight what the query is, and the time taken for the relevant person to complete the correction required.
- Queries must be dealt with timeously and if not resolved, escalated to a senior team member.
- If items need to be returned to the supplier a “RTS Request Form” needs to be completed and approved by higher management before any item is returned to a supplier. Ensure the supplier collecting has signed a copy of the RTS that has been drawn up and ensure this is issued to the respective person to file for future reference.
- Ensure IT Equipment is GRV’d with the serial number on the item.
- Once the above has been done the original supplier documentation accompanied by the PO, GRV and checklist are to be submitted to the admin department for checking.
- A “Receiving Control Sheet” must be completed to document all GRV’s raised and must correspond to all documentation handed to the admin department who will in turn forward all correct packs to the creditors department.
- Ensure housekeeping is complete at the end of each day and ensure management is made aware of all incomplete tasks and pending queries.
- Check the back order report to ensure all items on back order are immediately attended to and goods are dispatched timeously by making the warehouse supervisor aware of the back order and the item received.
- Adhoc tasks as allocated by management.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent problem solving and reporting abilities.
- Must have a strong sense of accountability and attention to detail.
- Must be deadline and result driven.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate PC knowledge.
Please be advised that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.