AVI Limited is home to many of South Africa’s leading and best-loved brands! Listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and centred on the FMCG market, AVI’s extensive brand portfolio includes more than 50 brands. Our brands span a range of categories including hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, out-of-home ranges, personal care products, cosmetics, footwear, accessories, and fashion apparel. We have a well-developed Shared Services structure spanning: International, IT, Finance, Logistics, Marketing, Procurement and Field Marketing, which allows us to take advantage of our scale. Our single-minded purpose is our brands’ growth and development.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Recruiter at AVI Limited in Cape Town. The main responsibility will be providing a holistic recruitment offering to the group, whilst building and maintaining client relationships. The successful individual will work hand in hand with the Recruitment Lead to deliver to all Western Cape based business units. As the successful incumbent you will be responsible for the full recruitment function, research, recruitment administration and co-ordination function, attracting top talent using relevant media and reducing the need for external service providers, generating active candidates to fill current roles and building a database for future recruitment requirements and providing administrative and research assistance to the Recruitment Lead.
Line Manager: Recruitment Lead
Key Performance Areas:
Full recruitment function:
- Candidate management.
- Customer relationship management.
- Consultation on recruitment needs.
- Recruitment and resourcing support.
- Provide system and admin support.
- Managing the integrity of the data and input thereof into our systems and documents.
- Administration and co-ordination tasks.
Research and sourcing:
- Identify and evaluate relevant sourcing channels to build proactive talent pool.
- Create and post job adverts to continuously build a talent pool of critical skills candidates.
- Maintain the integrity and validity of information contained on our database.
- Each consultant will be tasked with key projects that add value to the recruitment offering within the organization.
- 3 – 5 years experience in a generalist recruitment function, with a focus on sourcing.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have had exposure to multiple projects and tasks related to recruitment.
- Recruitment administration experience within a corporate is a critical requirement for this role.
- Grade 12 / NQF 4 / Matric
- 3 Year Business orientated tertiary qualification
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of the basic conditions of employment
- Research experience and the ability to think analytically about problems and identify new and innovative ways to access top candidates
- Excellent command of the English language – both written & verbal
- Internet research (Boolean, X-ray Search)
- Solid understanding of social media
- SAP experience will be advantageous
- Thinking analytically
- Building relationships
- Articulating information
- Staying composed
- Meeting deadlines
- Planning and organising
- Keeping commitments
- Taking initiative