Regional Communications Manager position based in Knysna Regional Office, Garden Route National Park
17 May 2021
Garden Route National Park
A challenging vacancy currently exists for a Regional Communications Manager position based in Knysna Regional Office, Garden Route National Park, will report to the Regional General Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for communications functions in 3 National Parks (Knysna, Wilderness and Tsitsikamma )
Please forward a copy of CV, Covering letter, Certified copy of ID, Driver’s License and Certified copies of relevant qualifications to the following address :
Human Resource Department
South African National Parks
PO Box 3542
If you have not been responded to within 21 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- B-degree or equivalent in Journalism/Communications or Public Relations.
- Minimum of three to five (3 to 5) years in corporate communications coordinating media liaison, events management, public relations and social media.
- Some background in nature conservation, biological sciences /tourism.
- Knowledge of the Public Access to Information Act(PAIA), public relations code of ethics and relevant industry related legislation.
- Knowledge & Skills on Media Relations principles and practice.
- Certificate on web management.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent Computer Literacy
- Events Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be available on weekends and public holidays
- Ability to work long hours, willingness to travel extensively, must be able to work without supervision, with strong attention to detail
- Be eloquent and comfortable with conducting print, broadcast and TV interviews
- Develop and implement a regional communications strategy in line with the corporate communications strategy.
- Conduct media relations, establishing and maintaining positive relationships with media
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Be very social media savvy and work with Social Media Practitioner to manage social media requirements for the region.
- Advise Regional/Park Managers on key stakeholders issues.
- Manage and execute visitor programs and external functions.
- Identify, plan and coordinate events in and outside the Parks.
- Manage the Communications Department Budget.
- React timely to media enquiries.
- Develop crisis management plan for the region in line with Corporate Crisis Communications Strategy
- Ensure that all published information conforms to corporate communications standards
- Manage the website for the region.
- Partner in all Ad hoc Marketing initiatives.
- Coordination of filiming and event applications within the Parks
R 541 332 – R 887 522