Faircape Health – a subsidiary of Faircape Group – provides the full continuum of care at six world-class healthcare facilities located on-site at six luxury, retirement villages.
The services of an experienced, compassionate Registered Nurse (day duty) are required. The successful incumbent will administer care to patients inclusive of frail, mental health, sub-acute and assisted living at Tokai Estate in Tokai.
If you wish to occupy this station in a dynamic, and collaborative environment with a Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) of primary and allied healthcare professionals, then this is a remarkable career opportunity. To provide the highest level of care possible, we continuously invest in skills development with both internal and external training programmes.
Should you wish to make a difference everyday, and further expand the scope of your therapeutic practice, then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Do morning handover according to ISBAR procedure with Shift leader on opposite shift and may delegate handover to duty Sr according to allocation
- Ensure all reporting up to date for handover and all information checked when receiving handover
Administration and reporting
- Daily reporting to the NSM on any interventions during the shift
- Thorough reporting during shift change
- Follow up on new scripts and phone the pharmacy to arrange
- Follow up on DR’s appointments
- Follow up on all tests (blood, urnite) and receive results.
- Do adjustments to medicine and care plans on our internal system.
- Incident reporting
- Report IOD to HR and NSM
- Summary report / non charting auditing
Staff allocation and management
- Allocate staff on shift according to patient needs and operational requirements
- Ensure full complement of staff on duty
- Performance appraisals with staff
- Promote sound relationships and motivation in team members
- Assist with topic specific training
- Ensure only fully orientated and approved agency staff is on duty
- Manage medication administration to the residents as per allocation
- Monitoring of scheduled drugs
- Weekly drug checks
- Ensure all blister packaged medication is available on the trolley, checked and signed by 2 Registered Nurses.
- Manage any adverse effects by contacting Dr immediately for intervention and further treatment orders.
MDT and Interaction with Professionals
- Regular MDT meetings with in-house healthcare support team
- Regular meeting with outside healthcare professional and amend care plans and system upon their recommendation of specific resident
Resident admissions and Discharges
- Manage all admissions to the unit with the HCA and ensure all relevant requirements are in place and admission allocated to specific people
- Manage all documentation for admission, progress and discharge in sub-acute facility with HCA
- Assessment of patient upon admission
- Draw up person centered care plan
- Contact with medical doctors and families
- Organise medication for patients and follow up on scripts at discharge
- Manage discharge process with family and residents
Sub acute patients
- Ensure progress reports are sent to the medical aid where needed
- Assess and write an observation report on residents progress every shift, this will include the vital signs and other applicable functional data and progress
- Follow up with the MDT on patient progress
- Do referrals for patient
Responsible for all clinical functions as pre scope of Practice of a Registered Nurse, this includes but is not limited to:
- Wound care, pressure care, ostomy care
- Managing skin lesions
- Catheter care including flushing intervention
- Weighing patients on admission and according to care plan
- Do regular resident rounds to monitor that every resident is receiving the cre required and that quality care for all tasks is maintained
- Assess patients on specific areas of concern and adjust the care plan as needed
- Ensure that Dr’s prescriptions and physio recommendation are carried out and included into the nursing care plan
- Consult with the NSM re any clinical concerns or quality of care issues
- Educate and manage staff on health and safety related issues
- Maintain effective infection control practices
- Manage the prevention and reporting of incidents
- Liaise with Housekeeper Supervisor on any housekeeping and laundry concerns
Emergency and deaths
- Follow policy in the case of panic button alerts
- Act according to patient’s living will in case of emergency or resuscitation
- Phone emergency services immediately for village emergencies
- Phone Dr of resident in case of emergency
- Phone family in the case of death to inform them in a calm and dignified manner
- In the case of a death, phone the undertaker
- Liaise with the family regarding the resident’s belongings and any other arrangements, including memorial at the HCC (if applicable)
- Manage the overnight stock cupboard, ensure all used stock is charged to the resident account
- Overnight cupboard – assist the HCA to count stock daily on stock sheet
- Daily check of the emergency trolley, ensure it is securely locked and only to be used during a life threatening situation
- Check trays and diet list and approve
- Ensure that the Food Ambassador performs duties according to job description
- Confirm meal sheets, cancelations and new admissions are correctly added
- Handle all food related complaints and refer to the Food Services Manager
- Control cancellations
Qualifications – SANC registered as a Registered Nurse. Up to date BLS.
Experience and Knowledge – Dementia care, frail care, relevant experience of taking charge of a shift, sub acute, palliative care, rehab, strokes, orthopedic, care for patients with IV therapy.
Skills – Strong interpersonal skills, professional communication, ability to work under pressure, managerial skills, making sound decisions, proactive, organisational skills, computer literate, professional, focussed, fluent in English.
Attributes – Well spoken, neat, compassionate, well presented, be able to converse with people on different levels – staff, families, MDT and other professionals coming into the facility. Assists the Nursing Manager in meeting regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
Working Hours – Normal working days are Mondays to Sundays, according to the roster. You will be required to work 16.25 shifts per month. Day shifts will be worked between 07h00 to 19h00 and night shifts between 19h00 and 07h00, depending on preference.
Salary on offer from R30,000 Cost to Company per month
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.