The Parent Centre: Parent Infant Manager- Registered Social Worker
THE PARENT CENTRE
The Parent Centre is a Non-Profit, primary preventive organization, based in Wynberg Cape Town, offering comprehensive parenting counselling, education and support services.
The Parent Centre seeks to appoint Parent Infant Manager- Registered Social Worker to be based in Cape Town.
This opportunity for a suitably qualified and registered Social Worker who has at least 5 years related experience has opened due to an internal promotion.
Duties will include inter alia:
- Programme research, design and monitoring of implementation.
- Oversight of all Parent Infant programme activities, monitoring and evaluation and quality assurance of implementation.
- The overall selection, training and development of the Parent Infant Supervisor and Parent infant Attachment Counsellors (PIAC’s) to ensure an effective Parent-Infant Home Visiting Programme to pregnant mothers-to be.
- Conducting weekly and monthly individual and group supervision sessions.
- Ensuring all administrative procedures are adhered to and completed inclusive of monitoring the monthly stats to ensure accurate recording.
- Control of programme budget and expenses.
- Preparation of data for, and submission of, donor feedback reports.
Essential qualifications and experience required:
- Social Worker, registered with the South African Council for Social Services Professions (SACSSP)
- At least 5 years working experience in the social work field.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate staff
- Experience in group facilitation and counselling.
- A special interest, knowledge and experience in positive parenting skills with particular reference to parent-infant work.
- Proficiency in English. (Ability to communicate in Afrikaans and isiXhosa an added advantage).
- Computer Literacy – MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of The Children’s Act .
In terms of the POPI Act you confirm that you consent to The Parent Centre retaining your personal information for recruitment processing and that the information you have provided to The Parent Centre is true, correct and up to date
If you meet the above requirements please forward a comprehensive CV together with a cover letter that outlines how you fit the job requirements to email@example.com by Tuesday 31 August 2021.
Further correspondence will only be entered into with those under consideration for the role.