Rehab Attendant X4
- Life Springs Parkland Hospital
- Rehab Attendant X4
- A vacancy has arisen for Rehab Attendant at the 15-bed Life Springs Parkland Rehabilitation Unit, Gauteng. Life Springs Parkland Rehabilitation unit is part of an expanding network of rehabilitation units within Life Healthcare group. The successful candidate will report to the Rehabilitation Unit Manager.
- Critical Outputs
- Quality clinical user/resident care
- Implementing, evaluating and facilitating ward, vocational and activity programs of patients in the unit
- Participate in training and development as arranged
- Monitoring users’/residents’ response to treatment through record keeping
- Active participation in special awareness and events
- Stock management and Record-keeping
- Facilitate and assist with the activity program and special event activities within the facility as per instruction and under supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
- Assisting with duties instructed by the Occupational Therapist, i.e. assisting with performing of Activities of Daily Living, running of activities such as sport and games, and supervision during social events.
- Assist with responsibilities within the Occupational Department, i.e. safekeeping and monitoring of equipment in the department.
- Frequent and consistent verbal communication of the rehabilitation programs.
- Any other duties as assigned and instructed by the Occupational Therapist.
- Grade 12/NSC and appropriate qualification as a registered Residential Health Care Worker
- Experience in the handling of long-term psychiatric users.
- Creativity in presentation of activities prescribed by the Occupational Therapist
- Ethical and professional behaviour towards MHCU’s and staff.
- Good work habits and good attendance record.
- Team worker with knowledge of a rehabilitation program within a psychiatric facility.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment skills
- Verbal & written communication
- Attention to detail/ excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Cost control
- Organizational awareness
- Professional and technical proficiency
- Ability to operate within a multidisciplinary team
- Closing date
- Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.