Position: Reporter: Eastern Cape
Position ID: 60020709;60018964;60020006
General News Desk : EC x (3)
Scale code: 402
Reporting Line: Editor
CLOSING DATE : 27 APRIL 2021
Main purpose of the position:
To identify, initiate, investigate, research, plan and record relevant material from stories that are complex in nature and produce news reports that are fair, accurate and compelling to target audiences.
- Initiate and cover stories as assigned or commissioned.
- Provide quality, script and clear voice overs, including on air broadcast.
Investigate and break stories and follow them through to final product before broadcast.
- Maintain special focus area (crime).
- Give informative and well-researched input to live Current Affairs shows and debates; package stories for current affairs programmes and do live crossings to news bulletins.
- Check facts, accuracy and quality of stories.
- Set up interviews and lead discussion for broadcast, including cross overs.
- Meet story deadlines.
- Keep abreast of news events/developments.
- Obtain broadcast quality sound using relevant recording equipment.
• National Diploma/ Degree in Journalism or Media Studies or equivalent qualification.NQF6/7
• 5 years’ experience in general reporting of News.
• Understanding of regulations and legislation impacting broadcasting
• Sound understanding of current trends in social, economic and political environment
• Computer literacy
• Ability to interact and manage different stakeholders at different levels
• Understanding of multi-media platform
• Excellent command of both written and spoken language of TV and Radio News to optimise the impact of editorial content.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Radio News and current affairs production processes and systems.
• Editorial and journalistic acumen
• Good, “sound” knowledge of and interest in TV and Radio broadcast developments, trends, and technologies, including the media industry.