Dis-Chem is looking for driven Retail Management graduates, who thrive on challenges for the exciting 2021 internship on offer at our Goodwood Store in Cape Town. The internship opportunity is tailor-made for enthusiastic, energetic, result oriented individuals who would like to kick-start their workplace experience in the exciting world of Retail Management. Successful candidates will contribute to the overall profitability of the store.
- Matric – Grade 12 and or Higher Certificates
- Qualification in the following disciplines:
- Retail Business Management
- Sales/Marketing/ Entrepreneurship
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office
- Experience in the retail industry
Function and Duties:
- Accurately verify, scan and capture physical goods receipts for the store in accordance with company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure the flow of stock receipts through receiving is maintained that deliveries arriving are receipted the same day and sent to the floor.
- Ensure delivered stock or stock pulled from the store room are stored and packed in the correct spaces.
- Assist with counting of stock files and general stock take.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept return goods by customers when authorized to do so compute total purchases and receive and process all payments.
- Process all loyalty cards including those of our accelerator partners.
- Ensure out of stock and general stock queries from customers are dealt with, followed up on and resolved.
- Assist with daily administration activities regarding customers, sales and staff matters.
- Prove friendly, helpful and courteous assistance and advice to all customers.
- Assist with the record keeping and updating of customer information and keep absolute confidentiality thereof.
- Knowledge of retail environment
- English – Read, write and speak well
- Time management skills
- Be trustworthy and honest
- Must be able to work in a team and independently
- Customer service orientated
- Results orientated
- Quality orientation
- 2nd Additional Language
- Be able to analyze retail reports
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen
- MIE – Clear Criminal and Credit Record
- Reliable transport
- Be able and willing to work retail hours
Remuneration and benefits:
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.