Applications are invited for an internship opportunity at our risk department. This opportunity is specifically aimed at those that have completed a post matric qualification and looking for work experience in risk management within the insurance sector. The primary purpose of the internship programme is to assist with the implementation of best practice risk management within the business, which is aligned to the risk-based regulation of the insurance industry.
The successful candidate will gain experience in but not limited to:
- Embedding Risk policies and frameworks in the business
- Reviewing and updating of Risk Management policies
- Engagement and training of staff to ensure a good risk culture in the business
- Maintaining risk dashboards
- Risk Software administration
- Risk-related research
- Combined Assurance
- Monitoring, Tracking, and reporting of:
- Actions to mitigate risks
- Key risk indicators and risk appetite statements
- Processes, risk, and controls
- Operational losses/ near misses
- Regulatory reporting requirements for the Risk department
- Risk management projects
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Undergraduate degree (Business or Risk qualification will be advantageous)
- 6 to 12 months working experience
- Excellent Microsoft office skills – Specifically Excel and Word
- Good communication skills written and telephonically.
- A service-oriented attitude to ensuring stakeholder satisfaction
Excellent organisational skills, high professional standards, reliability, and resilience complete our requirements.
Some experience in a risk management environment will be a distinct advantage.
Candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV via the employee portal using the following link https://fema-employee.simplify.hr/Team by close of business on Wednesday 04 August 2021.
People with disabilities are welcome to apply. Only applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
FEM promotes the principles of Employment Equity. The appointment of this candidate is at FEM’s sole discretion.