The Beverage Company
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
This role is accountable for executing on regional sales activities. The Sales Manager will be accountable for driving sales growth and achieving sales targets, timely sales order creation and effective sales order management within relevant area/region of responsibility. Leading and growing a team.
Fmcg (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector),Food & Beverages
Key Accountabilities and Outputs
Marketing and Sales
• Drive growth in Sales and the achievement of sales targets in relevant region/area of responsibility
• Ensure accurate Sales Order Creation
• Contribute to accurate and timely Sales Order Management
• Build and maintain strong relationships with sales partners and alliances
• Monitor and provide feedback on adherence to agreed Service Levels
• Optimise the customer experience by ensuring Requests, Inquiries, Returns & Complaints are timeously and effectively handled
• Interpret Sales and Customer Analytics and Provide Sales and Customer Insights
• General Business, Financial and People Management
• Drive continuous improvement through streamlining and optimising relevant operational practices, processes and systems
• Manage cost drivers and take the necessary action to mitigate financial risk and address variances and discrepancies
• Ensure adherence to operational and financial frameworks of practices, processes, standards and controls
• Ensure that the right people capacity is in place and manage employee performance through effective and goal directed people leadership
• Accomplishes assigned tasks and goals: takes necessary actions to keep progress against objectives on track.
• Prepares a roadmap for success.
• Ensures that all who need to know, are clear about the plan.
• Takes full responsibility for own actions and outcomes, including mistakes.
• Always acts in the company’s best interest, regardless of whether it is difficult or unpopular.
• Ensures others are on track for achieving their goals.
• Helps others with their work.
• Meets commitments to team members or others in the organisation.
• Actively contributes to team discussions and the accomplishment of team work plans.
• Shares expertise and resources to help others address their needs.
• Seeks to include all those who can contribute to the most successful outcome and those who have a stake in the results.
• Actively keeps all stakeholders informed.
• Attempts to reinvigorate team processes when progress is lagging: stays engaged even when not in full agreement with the team’s direction.
• Increases performance expectations when success has been achieved
• Seeks out sources of information, including trade associations, “best practice” companies, customers, peers, subordinates, etc.
• Finds ways to fast-adapt improvement ideas to work processes
• Proactively seeks out resources, alliances, etc., needed to quickly introduce improvements
• Organises information to make it easier to analyse or see trends.
• Anticipates consequences and formulates alternatives.
• Establishes clear decision criteria for making informed choices.
• Seeks relevant information to better understand situations and problems.
• Conducts appropriate analysis; neither makes snap decisions or over-analyses.
• Sees relationships between various facts, figures or other information.
Knowledge of Business
• Follows systematic, multi-source learning regiment designed to educate oneself quickly: keeps oneself current
• Describes the important impacts that one has on the success of one’s functional area and on company results; demonstrates a knowledge of the customers
• Uses business understanding to make sound decisions and influence the decisions of others
Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 / Matric / NQF level 4 (Essential)
• Up to 6 years experience (Supervisory) Sales and Trade Execution
• Developing and leading teams
• Negotiation and trading ability
• Formal and Informal trade experience
• Retail and wholesale experience
• Collaborate internally and externally to achieve favourable OTIF outcomes
• Robust IT Skills
Job Closing Date