Location: Port Elizabeth, EC, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Applications are invited for the above-mentioned positions in the Southern Africa Sales Department, based at our Port Elizabeth Distribution Centre in Eastern Cape. The successful incumbent will report to the relevant Sales Manager.
Purpose of the Position:
The intention is to give practical work experience to students who recently graduated, but are unemployed and require exposure in a work environment, or those in their last year of study and require In-Service Training in order to obtain their qualification. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12-month contract commencing 1 February 2022 and ending 31 January 2023
Key Learnings would include, but are not limited to the following:
- Persuasive selling skills & negotiations – Ability to persuade customers to buy products or to increase sales and to identify and capitalize on sales opportunities
- Sales Commercial Insights – Awareness and understanding of the implications of fundamental commercial implications on day-to-day decisions
- Sales process management – Understand the primary key drivers of sales in different channels
- Sales Product Knowledge – Product relevance by channel, cluster, and tier understood and applied
- Sales strategies and plans to sustain brand growth – Has an awareness of sales strategic planning process in Distell and understands all the components that impact sales and brand growth
- Sales Technology Application – Understanding of how technology works within the sales process
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- The candidate must need the Internship to complete their qualification i.e. National Diploma
- Good decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Analyse and generate meaningful insights from numbers & data
- Ability to work in cross-functional groups within the business unit.
- Results and goal orientated, always able to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and make a difference.
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Driver’s License is essential.
- South African citizen.
The successful candidate must Demonstrates the following Behavioural competencies:
- Lead Self – Personal effectiveness, Resilience, Model the Organisation values
- Thinking and Innovation – Business Acumen, Adaptability, Problem-solving
- Relationship – Customer focus, Builds and maintain relationships, Engagement skills
- Management – Planning, Organizing & Controlling, Sense of urgency, Take Ownership Leadership – Dealing with change,
- Teamwork, Leading own performance
Prospective interns must submit the following:
- Covering letter/ Letter of motivation
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Certified academic record
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate
- A letter from the tertiary institution
- A format for evaluation, required by the tertiary institution
- Certified copy of identity document
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
Reference Number: 18342 Closing Date: 31 August 2021