There is currently a position available in Meridian Wine Merchants for a Sales Consultant (Hybrid), to service the Overberg, Cape Town area
Effective and efficient execution of sales and merchandising function at both off consumption and On Consumption outlet level thereby driving growth of the Portfolio.
Key Inputs :
Deliver customer satisfaction by
- Effective planning of the call cycle as per contact and coverage SOP
- Calling in accordance with the agreed call cycle
- Assisting new customers in opening new accounts as per SOP on new accounts
- Recording and promptly acting upon customers’ complaints, queries and requests and feedback accordingly as per Communication SOP and contact grid
- Actively building relationships with customers by identifying new growth opportunities in the wine category and adding personal touches as per SOP
- Identifying and execute promotional opportunities/requirements as per the customers’ needs and promotional SOP
- Identify training needs of the customer and execute according to a training plan.
Enhance business acumen by
- Gaining knowledge on various products and processes in order to carry out a strategic negotiation with customer.
Sales Target Delivery
- Personal sales target by customer and by brand and deliver the result
- How personal sales commission / incentive is calculated
- Grow and maintain the customer base in order to achieve the sales target.
- Develop a plan to close the sales gap by analyzing a weekly and monthly Sales Report and submit this report as per SOP.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12
- A Sales, marketing, hospitality management or Food and Beverage (F&B) management related diploma would be an essential
- Knowledge of the Liquor/Wine Trade is essential
- Drivers license
- 2-3 years on consumption sales and merchandising experience in a related FMCG liquor environment
Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements
Should you not receive any feedback after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful