Dis-Chem Pharmacies requires a Salon Receptionist for their Hillcrest Salon. You will be responsible for supporting Salon staff with client calls and inquiries in an efficient manner, and to manage the salon diary. Drive retail sales to enhance category profits.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Up to 1 year’s relevant retail working experience
- Computer literate – MS Office
- Sound numerical skills
- Telephone etiquette
- Operate a cash register
- Willing and able to work retail hours
- More than one year’s relevant salon and/or salon related working experience
- CRM system working knowledge
- Answer incoming calls and take down client details on all booking confirmations.
- Give clients, guests and callers relevant and timeous feedback regarding queries.
- Inform the relevant therapist or stylist of clients waiting in the reception area.
- Ensure clients that are waiting, are happy and comfortable by offering them a magazine and/or refreshments.
- Ensure customer records are kept up to date on the system.
- Provide management with daily and correct feedback, regarding calls and walk-in guests.
- Ensure promotions are adhered to, and drive promotional awareness.
- Ensure front shop shelves and products are neatly presented, visible, and have labels with the correct pricing.
- Manage restocking of merchandise and supplies, as needed to meet Salon objectives.
- Oversee accurate cash flow.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept return goods by customers when authorised to do so.
- Transact all purchases – receive and process all payments (cash, bank cards, vouchers, coupons, other forms of payments) accepted by Dis-Chem.
- Process all loyalty cards including those of our accelerator partners (Discovery Health Care, Medihelp Lifestage, Momentum Multiply, Legacy Lifestyle, ABSA Rewards and eBucks).
- Ensure all outgoing stock are scanned and paid for.
- Assist clients with a gown, shampoo, rinse and condition of their hair prior to their haircut.
- Assist stylist during the service being provided, including all services the salon has to offer.
- Ensure the salon is clean, hygienic and tidy throughout the day.
- Selling skills
- Strong command of the English language
- Attention to detail
- Be a team player, have good customer relations
- Trustworthy and honest
- Time management
- Retail and beauty salon knowledge
- Cashier operations
- CRM system working knowledge
Special conditions of employment:
- Willing and able to work retail hours, and overtime on short notice.
- Be able to work long periods that include standing, bending and doing repetitive hand movements.
- Reliable transport and/or reside in close proximity to the store.
- South African citizen; or valid work permit.
- Clear credit and criminal records.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.